Status: ........loading.........

Spirit in the Stars

Catmint

Greypaw's POV

My teeth sank into my first catch of the day. Heck, my first catch period. It was a nice and juicy water vole. I had to yell at myself in my head to stop me from eating it. Sweetfoot would definitely love it! I stood up and strolled away with my brand new vole in my mouth.

As i had thought, Sweetfoot immediately complimented my vole and took it to the elders den. I went to the fresh-kill pile and decided I'd bring Flamespots some food. She was expecting kits again. I brought her a chaffinch and we talked for a while. Of course, she didn't want me to battle train to soon. 'I don't want you to have any scars yet' she said. Moms can be so overprotective! She would just have to suck it up, because this after-noon, Mossfur was taking me out to battle-practice with Pineclaw and Lightningpaw. I couldn't wait!

Mothpaw's POV

"Mothpaw! Please fetch some catmint! Leaf-bare is coming in quick and we need our stock refilled!"

"Yes, Leafspots!" I called out to my mentor as i was heading out. I LOVED being a medicine cat! I sort of envied my litter mates because they got to fight, but i still like treating patients and taking care of the elders! I was on my way out when i heard my mom calling me from the nursery. She was pregnant. Again.

"Mothpaw! Can you please check in on Greypaw? He's at the hollow with his mentor and Lightningpaw." she asked me, looking concerned.

"I can't Flamespots, i'm going to fetch some catmint for Leafspots. I'll try though!" i shouted over my shoulder as i left the clearing.

I headed down to the abandoned twoleg nest. That's where Jayfeather, ThunderClan's medicine cat kept his catmint. I didn't go often, but still. I crept over the barrier and around the back of the nest. There was no cat in sight, but I could smell one close-by. I think it's Lionblaze, but I could be mistaken. So I was very careful to be extra quiet. I nipped at the bottom of a stalk and wrapped my teeth carefully around it. It had many leaves and was in full blossom. This should do just fine until the next time.

"What are you doing here?" a voice said behind my back. I froze and turned around very slowly. In front of me was standing Jayfeather himself, looking positively pissed that I would steel his precious catmint. Oh no.
♠ ♠ ♠
hey, sorry for the short chapter there, it's just a filler until my sister gets her lazy butt out of bed and writes! :P anywho, plz leave comments!! they make me very HAPPY!!