Status: ........loading.........

Spirit in the Stars

Paralysis

Mothpaw's POV.

I stared into Jayfeather's blind blue eyes. I hate to admit it, but he kinda scares me.

"Er, we don't have any catmint resources on our territory. So I thought it would be okay if I borrowed some of yours?" I was hesitating. And I was scared. I bet he could smell that.

He raised his chin and seemed to glare at me. It made me shiver. "What will you give me in exchange?" I cocked my head to the side. Exchange? I hadn't thought of that.

"Er, what would you like?" I was hesitant, not quite knowing why he was letting me off the hook. He seemed to think about it for a second. He made up his mind and sat down.

"Here's an idea. Why don't you get your mentor here so I can talk to her." I was shocked. How did he know I was only an apprentice? "Well, go on now."

I started walking away, the catmint back in my mouth when he stopped me. "Hey, leave the catmint here. Just to make sure you come back." Sulkily, I turned around and dropped the catmint at his paws. I started my way back to the camp, ready to face Leafspots.

Leafspots' POV.

Sorting through my herb store, I noticed I had an over-whelming amount of lavender and wolfsbane. Put together, they were great for paralysis. Even though, I don't know what we'd be using it for, since none of our cats were paralyzed. I heard panting at the entrance and my name being called. I quickly headed out of the storage to find Mothpaw sitting, catching her breath.

"Mothpaw? What's wrong? It looks as if you've ran all the way from the border!" I went to fetch her some coltsfoot and once she ate it, she started explaining herself.

"Actually, I did. I went to fetch some catmint, like you asked, except I went to the ThunderClan border, in Jayfeather's stash of herbs by the old abandoned twoleg nest. Except, he caught me. And he said in exchange for the catmint, he wants to talk to you." I. Can't. Believe. She. Did. That. She went all the way to ThunderClan territory to get catmint? What if Jayfeather tells his leader? But I said none of that. Instead, I decided to discuss.

"Why would he want that? And why did you go all the way to the ThunderClan border to fetch some catmint? I've told you over and over we had access to some catmint on the other side of the river." She looked extremely embarrassed.

"Well, I didn't want to to get my fur wet." Now she looked definitely and positively embarrassed. I sighed.

"Where does he want to meet me?" her face lit up and she looked relieved. But before she could say anything a voice whispered beside her ear.

"Bring some lavender and wolfsbane. It'll be useful." It was Graymoon*. She used to be WildClan's medicine cat. Not even Sweetfoot knows her. When she was a kit, elders told stories about her.

"He's waiting by the twoleg nest. Come on!" she ran out the den entrance.

"Wait! I just need to grab something first." I rushed in, grabbed the herbs and followed Mothpaw out into the forest.

~~~Timelapse~~~

We were now walking at a brisk pace, we were close to the border. Mothpaw led the way to the old abandoned twoleg nest and I saw Jayfeather sitting with a mouthful of catmint at his paws.

"Hello. I assume you this little trespasser's mentor?" he spoke before I even had time to take in a breath. I dropped the herbs at my paws and sat down.

"Yes. My name is Leafspots. I understand you wanted to talk to me?" I answered in the same tone of voice he was using.

"Yes. I wanted to know if you knew of anything that would help paralysis?" he looked sincere. So, I answered sincerely.

"Yes, actually, I do. I have it with me. A mixture of lavender and wolfsbane. Here." I grabbed them and brought them to him. He looked surprised.

"Thank you. A while ago, a tree fell into our camp and killed one of our elders and paralyzed an apprentice." He looked down and seemed sad.

"Oh. That's unfortunate. If you want I can show you where to gather them? It's actually not that far from here."

"Uhh, you can just tell me where it is. I'll smell them out." he looked determined, so I did as he said.

"Okay, so the lavender is on the other side of the river, just on the other side of the ShadowClan border. And the wolfsbane is just over the moonpool, beside the river on this side. Is that all?" I asked, eager to go back to camp and sort this out with my apprentice.

"Yes, thank you. You may go back to your own territory now." I grabbed the catmint and turned around.

With Mothpaw following hot on my heels, we went back to camp. Once there I dropped the catmint in my storage and turned around to face Mothpaw, ready to give her an earful when a voice at the entrance to the medicine den made me stop.

"Quick, Leafspots! There's something wrong with Mouseheart!" Mossfur yelled, panicking.

____________________________________________________

*Graymoon-blue-gray she-cat with a white moon on her fore-head.
♠ ♠ ♠
yay! so, it's been a while, but i finally updated!! :D so, here's for the question!

What is coltsfoot used for?

COMMENTS! PLEAZ! They help me update faster.