Status: ........loading.........

Spirit in the Stars

The panther shall never be seen

~Pantherheart's POV~

I saw Darkheart walking towards the entrance to camp. He seemed so lonely. He was always in his own world, thinking probably.

"Where are you going, Darkheart?" I asked him. He seemed to debate whether or not to turn around or keep going.

"I'm... Going hunting. Want to join me?" he answered and my eyes lit up. I LOVED hunting. I was the best at it too! Because of my black pelt, I could disappear and no one would find me, since I didn't make a noise either.

"Sure! Can Mintpaw come too? I know she's been dying to go on a hunt." I asked even though she had just come back from a hunting patrol not long ago. I guess I passed on my love for hunting to her. He nodded.

I turned around and started looking for Mintpaw. I heard her arguing with Mouseheart in the elders' den and decided to leave her to her duties. Mainly because I don't really like Mouseheart. She's mean. So I headed to the forest, knowing full well that Darkheart was long gone. He had just been waiting for the opportune moment to slip out of camp unnoticed. I was almost at the camp entrance when Sunpaw passed a whiskers length from my face, chasing after Sandpaw.

"Watch out! You could have seriously hurt me, Sunpaw!" I called after him.

"Sorry Pantherheart!" He stopped and looked back at me apologetically. I nodded, telling him it was okay and he went back to chasing Sandpaw. I went outside and quickly picked up Darkheart's sent. He was at the lake we use tot rain kits how to swim. I could see him clearly now. He was sitting at the edge of the water, his back to me. I started creeping up on him, making sure my paws didn't make any noise on the leaf-strewn ground. I was almost there when,

"Hello Pantherheart. Mintpaw couldn't come?" I cursed under my breath. How does he do it? I'm pretty sure nothing went wrong.

"Was it something I did? I didn't think I had stepped on anything... No, Mintpaw is stuck with cleaning the elders den. I'm glad I'm not an apprentice anymore, Mouseheart was always so mean to me." I answered, making a face. He turned around and amusement and smugness were very clear in his eyes.

"Don't worry, Pantherheart. I just saw your reflection in the water." was all he meowed. He's lying. I know because I didn't even see my reflection in the water. I don't know how he does it, but I intend on finding out. Not right now, though. Right now is time to hunt. We went together to the middle of the forest and separated. I caught a thrush, a mouse, two voles and a squirrel. After a while, we met back and he had a rabbit, two mice and a sparrow. We carried our catch tot he camp, happy with what we had caught. I don't know how, but all the prey fit in our mouths so we didn't have to make a second trip. I dropped my catch on the fresh-kill pile and brought a vole to the apprentices' den. It was for Mintpaw, since she took care of Mouseheart. I dropped it at her feet and she just stared at it.

"Thought you might like something to eat after so generously taking care of Mouseheart." I smiled. She just huffed and looked at me.

"Generously? I was forced into it! Plus, I only JUST finished arguing with her over what place in the forest was best to gather bedding." She huffed again and took a bite out of the vole. It was still warm. I was about to respond when Whitestar called for a clan meeting. I wonder what's happening?
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY! edited! there's going to be another edit as soon as my sister decides she feels like writing the chapter with the talk between Moonclaw and Leafspots. :P
COMMENTZ PLZ!!