Epica!

Interlude I - Opiate Soul

Travel. Year after year of travel. To Ark III in Italy, and Ark XI in Turkey Ariel traveled. Across the Himalayas where the mountains seems to blend into the sky and over the great Nile where dinosaurs still roamed. To Ark IV in the savage wilderness of the African Serengeti , and to the unparalleled beauty of Ark IX on the peak of Mt. Fuji. Across the Gobi desert where the days were harsh and down into Antarctica where nights were long.

Ariel had traveled the world, examined all the traditions of the different nations, but still he was no closer to the Truth than he was years ago. Living as a researcher, he was funded by his government to produce scientific discoveries. Long years of travel had prevented him from doing his job correctly so with no results, the government ceased to give Ariel anymore money. They had deemed, like so many others, his search for the Truth futile.

For the first time in his life, Ariel had to learn to live on his own, without the guidance of elder researchers or the funds of his nation. Science seemingly put aside, Ariel resorted to trickery and schemes to earn money, not for his projects, but to get by.

Ariel's long journeying had taken him around the world and back. In the end, Ariel was unable to leave the town of Salvo, where he could easily live his new lifestyle. Those around him could provide him with what he needed, or he could take it from them.

No longer a man of science, and hardly a man of god, Ariel was alone, and lost in the world. His search for the Truth seemingly forgotten.
♠ ♠ ♠
An intentionally short chapter. This marks a change in our main character, so in this next chapter you will see a whole different person. Our antagonist, the archangel, will have a cameo in the next chapter so look out for that.

Two comments from two different people. (x-ashie-x, and Flyability).I assume you two are my subscribers :) Thank You for that. Comments make me work faster.