Epica!

Interlude II - Omen

The snow began to slowly drift again from the cloudy skies, falling gently like white fireflies in midair. The snow looked angel white against the pitch black night and the trees where accented with stunning ice crystals. Any one person who had happened to come upon the scene would stare in wonder at the serene sight but would see the calamity about to befall in that very same forest.

Hidden deep in he forest and coated with a fresh blanket of snow, Ariel was on his knees clutching his beloved pistol tightly in his shaky raw hands. His hair had long since frozen to his forehead through the beads of sweat that had only just turned to ice. Breathing had become sparse and he could hear his heart beat begin to slow down in his ears. His lips were a pale blue and Ariel knew that he was suffering from hypothermia.

As Ariel contemplated over and over again where his fate lay the people of Salvo bustled with excitement. It had gotten out that Mistress Nine was expecting a guest. No one knew exactly who it was or what he looked like only that he was wonderful. He would be a savior who could solve all their somma problems and he would be there within moments.

Marcus was busy ferrying supplies from one brothel to the other. The sun was up in Salvo, bright and beautiful. The snow on the streets was beginning to melt. Marcus crossed a four way street and stared down the road in the direction of the forest. Dark clouds loomed over the cursed forest.

"There's a storm a comin' " Marcus noted quietly before leaving.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter: Descent of the Archangel