This Suffering

Prologue

Emily Jayne Walker stood on the bridge, looking down with her head a mess of thoughts. It was lightly raining and the water rippled, looking simple yet magnificent. Emily always loved rain, and now that is symbolized something so cold; she couldn’t bear to think strait while it pelted on her head. Memories of him threatened to rush back, and the wall she had built in her mind struggled to stand tall. She didn’t suffer much anymore, but still, he felt a little part of her heart still aching for his touch. For the sound of his voice and the sweet scent of him, warmth radiating off him as he held her close.

Emily shudder, shrugging off all the things she forced into the bad of her twisted mind and broken heart. She started walking home again, but still felt like something was missing. Walking down the street, finally she came to a big white picket fence, surrounding a pale blue house. It was two storeys with a beautiful garden planted on either side of the perfectly centered door. The garden of the left was vegetables and on the right were assorted flowers. When she had first seen the house, it was perfect for her. She was pregnant, with a gorgeous, loving man’s child. They had been recently married, and their first house would be simple, yet good to start a family in. When Nevada was born, their world seemed so complete.

And it still was, except Emily was missing all the adventure it used to be filled with. And now that she was trapped in this snow-globe perfect world, there was no escaping even if she tried. Even if she tried, she couldn’t do anything without hurting Nevada, who was now four. But at least she could hope.