Is It Really Just Another Crush? A Kyle Gallner Love Story

11

The next day Kyle and I were making out on my couch.

And my best friend just has to walk in on me.

Jess came bounding through the door, just as Kyle's jeans became unzipped.

"Whoah!!" Jess yelled. Kyle was so surprised that he fell off of me and hit his head hard on the floor. I jumped up.

"Jess!" I yelled and crouched down next to Kyle. He was clutching his head, but he looked okay.

"Sooorryy. But if you aren't too busy why don't you try hanging out with us?" Jess said, her eyes in a glare. I sat back down on the couch. Kyle sat up and rested his head on my knees.

"Jess I-"

"I knew you would forget about us for Kyle." Jess said angrily.

"Jess-"

"No I don't want to hear it."

"Jess! I'm trying to explain to you. It's been a month. And maybe you didn't realize, I do hang out with you. All the time. In school." I said staring at her.

Jess seemed to understand, "O-oh."

"Yeah. So can you like... go away?" I asked. Kyle was looking up at me, love in his eyes. For a moment I got lost in them.

"Ugh fine. Go be in love somewhere else." Jesse mumbled before storming out of my house.

Kyle sat up and I leaned down. His fingers brushed my cheek and a smile covered his lips. He kissed me, softly, but with a force I couldn't explain.

"Iloveyou." Kyle said against my lips as we kissed. He stopped kissing me for a moment.

"I love you too." I said breathlessly.

"I can't stay here forever, Bree. But I'd stay forever with you." Kyle took my hand and rubbed his thumb across it.

"That makes no sense."

"No. Think about it. I'd be with you forever. Just not next to you."

I nodded, "I'd rather you and I be together all the time." My eyes were brimming with tears.

"Me too."

I looked away for a moment.

Kyle turned my face back towards him.

"That's why... I'm going to ask you this..."

He reached into his jean's pocket. And pulled out a velvet case.

"Marry me, Bree."