Shine

Celeste Pennant lived in a not-so-well-known country town of Vian's Wald on the southern coast of England. "Wald" just happens to mean "forest" and - surprise, surprise - there's a large forest on the west side of the town. No one dares go in though, all because of a few ludicrous stories and tales of how "whoever goes in never comes back out". Celeste is different though, she craves to go in and see what the forest is really like. There's only one thing stopping her from going, though - Zane. He's the love of her life and she'd do anything for him, but there has to be a line between what he wants and what she craves.

She knows better than to wander off at night, but this one time she just can't sleep. She's not tired, and she has to keep moving. But, while taking her "stroll" through the town, she comes to the forest. Her heart tells her to just start running and never look back - she wants an adventure, not to grow old in Vian's Wald. Except her head keeps telling her to turn around and go back home, crawl into bed, and close her eyes and force herself to sleep.
The decision is a hard one, but she does what her heart says.

Now this is not about how a girl turns into a woman, or how a woman turns into a lover. This is a story about how a wisher finally gets her wish. And she just so happens to meet the star that granted her wish.

The outcome just didn't turn out like she expected.

Loosely based off the book/movie "Stardust" by Neil Gaiman and the song "Rules the World" by Take That.

Image
  1. prologue;
    in which the story begins
  2. chapter one;
    in which a king falls
  3. chapter two;
    in which freedom is taken
  4. chapter three;
    in which freedom is craved