We Come Out At Night 4

Chapter 1

--------------
Shadows
--------------

“What do you mean she’s gone?” I asked Christ while Gates was pacing back and forth.

“Exactly what I said. She left, Kristina is gone.” I expected Kristina to throw a temper tantrum and be pissed off. I expected her to be angry with me and maybe not speak to me for a while, but apparently that wasn’t the case. She left the wedding and went to Christ’s room instead of coming back up to the penthouse for the night.

I had planned to just get up this morning and drag Gates and Kristina into a room and lock them in together until they figured out what all of us all ready knew. What I never expected was for her to be angry enough to leave.

“Are you fucking happy now?” Gates barked at me. He was beyond pissed. I had told him after the wedding that I had planned the whole thing with Kristina just to get him angry enough to come to her rescue at the wedding and beat Marco to a pulp. It was killing two birds with one stone, with the end result being that Kristina would run to Gates for comfort and Marco would have the life beat out of him and all would be right in our little world…this is so not how it was supposed to end up… “How could you do that to her? How could you make her sit there with him and then expect that she would stick around?

“I already explained myself to you last night.” I sat down on the couch and rested my elbows on my knees and focused my eyes on the table. “Christ, go ask around and see if you can find out anything about where she might have gone.”
When he left I looked up at Gates who was still extremely pissed off.

“She’s fucking gone!” He yelled and that is when I stood back up. It was bad enough that I didn’t get my revenge for Izzy, but I didn’t need this motherfucker pointing it out in my face.

“I’ll tell you what Gates. If it really and truly matters to you that Kristina is gone, then I would suggest you go and find her because if I find her first, I guarantee you, you’ll never get her back.” With that, I walked out of the living room and went to the bedroom to see if Izzy was awake yet.


-------------
The Rev
-------------

I’m a husband now. There is something I never thought I’d say. My lovely bride lay sleeping alone locked in a bedroom on my floor of the casino. I’d fallen asleep on the couch listening to the sound of her screaming and yelling practically half the night.

She’s lucky she’s still breathing after her little performance at the wedding. With Shadows only two floors up, she could still end up taking her last breath soon. I spared her last night, but no more. If there was one thing a wife owed her husband it was a “Wedding Night.” Tonight, I was going to have it, whether she wanted it or not.

So little London can scream all day if she wants to, but tonight, she would have a reason to scream and I would be the one giving her that reason.