We Come Out At Night 4

Chapter 3

------------------
Marco Montes
------------------

Divorce is not an option. Yet, here I sit at my desk with the papers sitting right in front of me. Izzy had the nerve to have me served. Someone didn’t get the memo that says you don’t divorce Marco Montes. There wasn’t a single doubt in my mind that Shadows was behind this.

Leaning back in my chair, I rest my legs up on my desk and think back to that day. The day when Izzy and I married.

[Flashback]

It was early and the sun had just come up over the horizon. I stood shirtless at the sliding doors of our hotel room watching the waves crash onto the beach. On that very beach in only a few hours, Izzy and I would say our vows.

I walked into the bathroom and tuned on the shower, letting the water run for a while until it was just the right temperature. I was tempted to sneak into Izzy’s room and steal a kiss, but we both agreed to stick to tradition and not see each other before the wedding.

We’d only known each other two months before I asked her to marry me. It was in those two months that I realized, how in love with her I was. Sure, I had women left and right, but I never felt the way I did with any of them, the way I did with Izzy.

There was something about her youthfulness that attracted me to her in ways I can’t describe. She was more beautiful than she gave herself credit for. She was vibrant and curious and she only had eyes for me. She loves me.

I took my shower savoring every minute under the hot water and when I had finished I sat down on the bed in my room wondering what Izzy was doing. If she was slipping on her dress right now, or fixing her hair or maybe sipping champagne. I had managed to eat some breakfast, but not a whole lot. My nerves were sitting right on the surface and I don’t get nervous easily. Pre-wedding jitters I guess.

When the time finally came, I took my place at the alter on the beach over looking the water and waited for Izzy. She walked barefoot on the rose petals that I had the hotel staff lay out over the sand for her. Her silk white slip dress clung to her body as the wind blew in off the water. She wore a single red rose in her hair just above her ear. I swear, she was the most beautiful creature I’d ever seen. Izzy stopped when she reached the altar and stood right in front of me.

“I love you.” She said as she smiled up at me. I couldn’t wait for this to be over with just so I could kiss her.

“I love you too.” I replied and as I took her hand, we both turned to face the priest. The ceremony was short and to the point, I didn’t want a long sermon, just the wedding. When I slipped the ring on Izzy’s finger, a tear fell and landed atop the diamond. Not even a minute later, I was kissing my bride.

We spent the rest of the day on the beach just lying in the sand. Our hands were intertwined and every now and then we’d kiss. The evening was spent in the honeymoon suite on the floor in front of the fireplace were we made love for the first time as husband and wife. There couldn’t have been a more perfect night.

[End Flashback]

Shadows, he was going to pay. The rivalry between our casinos was nothing compared to the rivalry between the two of us.

It’s time to send him a message. Izzy is my wife and she will remain my wife. She will come home and she will do it willingly. If she loved me once, she will learn to love me again……til death do us part…
♠ ♠ ♠
Having an off day. Trying to edit and watch a movie at the same time....sorry for the typos. Thanks for catching them for me. :)

I know the other stories had longer chapters. This one will as well, I just need to get some key stuff out of the way first.