The Mathematics of Love Triangles

May I ask what this has to do with gravity?

"Hasn't Mr. Mitchell got the nicest ass?" I heard a girl say to her friend as our physics teacher turned to write a formula on the blackboard.

"I'd like to see it in something tighter," the second girl agreed, "or perhaps in nothing at all."

I sunk into my chair, hoping no one would see me blushing. If only they knew... but, of course, they didn't. If anyone knew about Robin and me, it would be the end of his career, and his marriage. I respected that, but I was always so afraid that they could tell just by looking at me, as if it were written all over my face.

Robin turned, and his eyes met mine. Our faces were still for a number of seconds, until he looked away and said to the class, "Just write that down for now; we won't have time to start using it." With a smile, he added, "Don't have too much fun over spring break." Right on cue, the bell rang, and everyone began rushing out the door. I stood too, and approached Robin's desk.

"So here's what I don't understand," I began. As I spoke, Robin closed and locked the door behind the rest of the class. "If this is the formula for acceleration due to gravity, but gravity varies according to altitude, why doesn't this formula have a variable for altitude?"

Pulling the blinds down over the window of his door, Robin chuckled. "Perhaps this would be best demonstrated physically," he suggested.

"Oh, really?" I laughed. "What do you have in mind?"

He flipped the light switch down. With all sources of light sealed off completely, I couldn't tell where Robin was. That is, until I felt his body pressing mine against the wall, kissing me forcefully as he blindly unbuttoned my blouse.

"Here?" I asked, pulling away from him.

"Who's going to know?" Without warning, he picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. While I complained, I heard what sounded like a heap of papers, books, and electronic equipment cascading to the floor. The next thing I knew, I was sprawled out on my back across his desk. He climbed on top of me and proceeded to remove the rest of my clothing as he fondled my already exposed skin.

Between breaths, I inquired, "May I ask what this has to do with gravity?"

He never answered.