The Headband

The Meeting

The sun was shining in my eyes I could hardly see; sitting in the sun on a blistering hot summer’s day was uncomfortable. But it was the best part of the teachings , lunch time, after a hard day of learning the history of our civilisation and the ground dwellers so called history, now was the best time of the day, well 2nd best the best is going home.
I sat down with my friend Josh and my twin sister Christi, Josh was my best mate and has been since we were little, he’s pretty tall, well taller than me and I’m older; he’s got bright blonde hair that he always spiked up, he does have his blond moments which is a lot of the time but that’s what you get when you’re a blonde. Okay all the guys in the teaching have to have a headband these days you would be lucky to see him without it on. Christi, Okay yeah I know it’s weird hanging out with your sister but she’s pretty cool and not like many other sisters, but there is something about us, like we have some sort of link, I just can’t put my finger on it...... err where was I??? Oh yeah, Christi, my twin sister (but I’m the older one) she has back wavy hair (which we don’t know who she got it from because no one in the family has black hair) you will never ever see her with it tied up, trust me I have only seen her with her hair tied up once in the 15 years we have been living together, and when she did, she had a REALY big fit and believe me it was big! The weird thing is though all the seasons of the year you will almost always see her wearing some sort of scarf, pretty weird. And me, I’m Owen, I’m pretty hot you know, and I single. Okay so maybe I’m not hot but I’m not ugly, I go as far to say I’m pretty cute. I love my hair it’s wavy and spiky at the same time and it’s my favourite colour, brown. I like my head band a lot and I always wear it.
So I sat down with my friends out in the courtyard it the hot sun, there was no shade because all the other groups had taken it, so we were stuck ,in the sun, in the heat, melting like butter over a fire. “Aren’t you hot in that thing?” I said pointing at her scarf. “No, it’s really nice today,” Christi said bitting in to an apple. “Nice? Are you on something? It’s like 43 degrees out here,” Josh said, choking on his sandwich. “Well you boys need to practise that temperature technique master Shin gave us,” she said. Josh and I both stared blankly at Christi, “What don’t tell me,” she glared at us, “oh you boys, you never listen.” She took another bite out of her apple. “So, what do you think we’re learning that’s so special that we have to meet him at the haunted hut near the peak of the mountain?” Josh said trying to change the subject.
Every afternoon we have this sword training thing we do, it’s a family tradition for us sky Landers, and we got Josh into it too. Mastering the arts of what your ground dwellers call martial arts, the work of the samurai and the ninja but we call it........hmm what do we call it? Well I guess we call it martial ninja samurai, I guess it needs some work. So martial ninja samurai, we have the best teacher and were the only ones of our age practising this technique, and were pretty good at it, we are stealthy, master of basic sword skills and martial arts prodgies.
“Beats me,” I said as the bell rang, we sighed and walked to class.