Adrenaline Rush

Two

My alarm clock woke me up the next morning with it's annoying beeping and I hurried to shut it off. It was the horrid Monday morning and I wasn't in any mood to go to school but if I wanted to have a life then it's mandatory that I go. I honestly don't get why the government forces people to have an education; In my opinion it is such a waste of time.

I finally sat up in my bed and slowly got out of it, making sure to grab my apple core from the night before, before leaving my room and walking down stairs to the kitchen. I could smell pancakes being made and breathed in the lovely scent as I threw out the apple core.

My dad noticed me and smiled as he flopped a few pancakes onto a plate for me. I took the pancakes from his hand and walked into the living room and sat down on the couch, flipping through the channels on the TV with one hand and shoving some pancake pieces into my mouth with the other.

"Good morning sweetie, have a nice sleep?" My dad shouted to the living room and then actually walked in a few seconds after with his own plate full of pancakes. I just shrugged at him without saying anything. My dad tried to act like we had the closest father daughter relationship in the world but we didn't.

"Got to get ready for school," I said getting up and walking out of the room. I walked to the kitchen and threw the rest of my food in the garbage before washing my plate in the sink. I poured myself some water and drank it before running upstairs to take a shower.

The warm water immediately satisfied me as soon as I got in the shower and I was thinking about staying in it forever. Unfortunately, I needed to get out so that I wasn't late for school. I shampooed and conditioned my hair quickly and then got out, disliking the sudden amount of cool air as I wrapped a towel around my body.

I figured that I would just leave my hair wet and put on a little bit of eyeliner and mascara because I was already running late. I dried myself off and rushed to my room and quickly put on some jeans, a tank top, and a bunch of chained necklaces and bracelets. I grabbed my bag making sure my toothbrush and paste were in it so I could brush my teeth at school before running out to my jeep.

I put the key in the ignition and backed out of the driveway making my way to school. The halls were empty once I arrived and I knew that I was over 10 minutes late. I went to the nearest water fountain and quickly brushed my teeth. When I finished I took a drink and then walked up the stairs to my locker. I opened it and then grabbed my books and threw my bad inside before walking off to my first period class. I was now fifteen minutes late and I was sure to be hearing about it from Mr. Caruso.

I walked into the class over hearing Mr. Caruso talking about the lighting's of a good photo and the angles you should take them at. We were well into second semester and he is just now letting us use the cameras. I noticed the seating arrangement had changed which meant that there was someone new. I didn't get why everyone's seats needed to be changed but that didn't matter right now; I didn't know where to sit.

"You're late, Miss Partridge," Mr, Caruso said once he had finished what he was saying. "Over ten minutes late, I'll see you after class," I shrugged and then looked at him expecting him to tell me where to sit but all he did was look at me confused. It was his fault, I'm pretty sure he's the only teacher in this school that assigns seats.

"My seat?" I asked annoyed. He made an expression like he just remembered something important and then pointed to a seat beside, who I figured was the new kid. I made eye contact with my new seating partner and noticed something familiar about him. I knew that he recognized me too but I just sat down and ignored him.

"I've taught you everything you need to know for this next assignment. I will continue to teach you all of the extra stuff but we will mostly be working on this project because it's worth thirty percent of your final mark. Not five, not ten, but thirty percent. The person who I have seated you with is your partner and I don't care if you like it or not. You will each spend time together and get to know one another. You will be working together on it but you will be presenting it separately. You will put together a slide show presentation and talk about the characteristics of that person. Your slide show will show us pictures you have taken of your partner or of the things that makes your partner who he or she is. This can include their happiest moments or their worst but you have to show me that you know something about them' something deep, not something like their favourite colour.

"Any questions? ... No? ... Okay. Go around the school with your partner and your cameras and learn something about each other. You have until the end of the semester to finish this," Mr. Caruso said. Everybody got up and walked out of the classroom. I was still in my seat when a flash of light hit my face.

I looked over at the guy sitting next to me smiling with a camera in his hands. I glared at him as Mr. Caruso walked out of the room. You could hear people talking in the halls and not to their partners. I, unlike them, loved photography and was in a way looking forward to this assignment.

"Thanks for blinding me," I said picking up the other camera that was placed on his desk. These were our assigned cameras to take home and return in one piece. I was guarding this baby with my life.

"It's the picture of when I first met you. Well the first time I've met you at school anyways. This is the before I knew you shot, and I plan to take one for when I get to know you," He said and I finally clued into who he was. He was that guy at the cliff the other night who thought that I was committing suicide.

"Ah," I said, "It's you," He smiled and nodded and then I snapped a photo of him. He was very photogenic I must say. I looked down at the picture and smiled at his amazing brown eyes that were completely brought out in the photo.

"Liam," He said raising his hand out for me to shake, "Liam Vendenburg," We shook hands and then he looked at me expectantly. I was still a little angry with him for ruining my fun the other day.

"Oh right," I said feeling stupid, "Joanna Partridge, but just call me Joey," He took out a sheet of paper and wrote something down. When he finished I could see that it was my name. I laughed a little bit and then looked at him confused.

"What?" He said confused. I shook my head and laughed a little bit more. "It's in case I forget," I knew he did that to mock me but I looked at him and cocked an eyebrow before writing his name on a sheet of paper I got out for myself.

"So who are you anyways? What's your story?" I asked connecting my eyes with his chocolate browns. It was a good thing that I actually got along with this guy otherwise we'd both be screwed.

"I'm Liam Vendenburg," He said smugly.

"Seriously," I said pushing him a little. I was surprised by my actions but it quickly washed over. I am not one to get shy.

"My story? Well firstly I'm a model," He said and I raised my eyebrows at him, even though he was a goddess and it was believable, "Seriously, Abercrombie but there's more to me than that," So this guy was an Abercrombir model. It made sense, but I was a little weirded out. Then again, he seems pretty cool.

"Like what?" I asked teasingly.

"You'll have to wait and find out," He said and then the bell rand and he left the class with his stuff. I grabbed my stuff and walked to my locker to swap my books for chemistry. I remembered that I was supposed to see Mr. Caruso but I would make up an excuse for that later. I started to think more about the project and I was starting to realize that I couldn't show Liam my happiest moments because they weren't supposed to be shared. My worst moments, however, were when I was at school, mostly because I just hated the people.

I walked to Chemistry and took my seat and then listened to the teacher lecture us and the same thing repeated for the rest of the day. I tried looking for Chasidy and Grayson but they weren't at school. Chasidy and Grayson were my best friends and it was only during semester one that they found out they were in love. They were probably at home pretending to be sick and chatting away on the phone. I guess love turns you into a lier, whatever though.

Ugh love, what an icky word. Love is for insecure people who believe they need a boyfriend or girlfriend to make them feel like they belonged on this planet. I had never experienced love, and to be honest I don't even know what love is, I don't even believe that it exists. Adrenaline however, exists, and I really needed to go and get some.

I got into my jeep and whipped out of the parking lot in search for something to get my blood pumping. Around this time was when I needed it the most, I also needed it around 8 o'clock at night. I never stayed on schedule and planned out when and how and all that but my body wanted it the most at these times.

I drove around until I came across train tracks overlapping the road. I parked my car in a nearby parking lot and followed the tracks until I was out of everybody's eyesight. It was perfect timing too because the train would be coming in about ten minutes.

I looked around at the scenery and realized that I had followed the tracks to an open meadow. Well if you got rid of the gravel road it would be one. Okay so maybe it was more like a field full of dead grass and gravel but who really cares.

I walked out onto the tracks and sat down crossing my legs. I thought about coming back at night so that what I was doing would fit better with the scene but stayed figuring that I was already there. The minutes went by and I could hear the train coming from far away. I stayed sitting, loving the feeling that was building up inside of me.

I could hear the train getting closer and closer and as soon as it came into view I stood up feeling the wind hit my face, I had seconds and in those seconds I stood up and raised my hands in the air, ignoring the heavy wind caused by the train pushing me back. I opened my mouth and I started to scream loudly, knowing that no one could hear me over the noise from the train. My scream was more of a "WOO HOO!" and as the train came a centimeter away from me and I jumped off the track my heart raced and that feeling I loved so much filled me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Updates will be one or two times a week, maybe even more than that.
Anyways comment and subscribe. Hopefully you like the story. :)