Adrenaline Rush

Three

“How was school?” My mom asked me. I was actually enjoying my dinner in silence, although I could sense how uncomfortable my dad was with everybody keeping quiet not even bothering to say a word. I had to admit that my mom’s staring eyes had me feeling a little uncomfortable myself.

“It was school. It was boring,” I said as if it should have been obvious to her. I guess she wouldn’t know that because she loved school growing up. I don’t have a clue as to why anybody would ever love going to school. The work is pointless, the people are pointless and the school itself is pointless. When in their right mind is anyone ever going to use all of those boring math equations? Sure I may be passing every class with flying colours, leaving me with a 98 average, but that doesn’t exactly motivate me or make me passionate about the damn place.

“Your teacher, Mr. Caruso, called about you today,” She said. I finally looked up from my dinner and right at her. I knew that she was going to give me a lecture and I was still deciding whether or not I was going to sit there and pretend to listen or cut her off and go up to my room.

“Did he now?” I said questioning it, pretending to actually be interested in the subject. I could care less if he called or not. It really wasn’t going to change anything, especially the way I felt about school. It was obvious that he was calling because I didn’t see him after class because I happened to be late this morning but he should just be happy that I went to the damn class in the first place. To be honest though, I did like his class but only because I actually had an interest in photography, it isn’t like it’s math or anything.

“You were late today and you didn’t see him as he asked?” I could hear the disappointment in her voice as she questioned me for the truth. I don’t get why parents always turn the truth into a pointless question, like you might all of a sudden give them a different answer.

“I was going to talk to him about that tomorrow. I ended up getting caught with the worst part of my continuous cycle and had to jet to the bathroom, he’ll understand,” I said and then shoved some potatoes in my mouth. My dad looked up at me awkwardly, his cheeks a light red, while my mom just nodded. Jeez, all a girl has to do to get her parents to shut up is talk about her period. That’s pretty sad seeing as they are supposed to be the mature ones. Whatever, at least I saved myself a lecture.

Nothing else was said for the rest of dinner and I was pretty thankful for that. I did love my family even though it might not seem like it but I just never really feel like talking about anything with them. So many bad things have happened with this family that I just don’t want to care anymore.

I washed my dishes and then walked to my room to make a three way call with Greyson and Chasidy. They didn’t exactly get me completely, but they knew me the best out of everybody I know. I walked into my room and shut the door before walking over to my bed, taking out my cell phone as I sat down.

I dialled the numbers that were all too familiar to me and called Chasidy first and then connected with Greyson after. We all talked for a while and I found out that they in fact were not sick. I appreciated them leaving out the gory details of what they did as we continued our phone conversation. We made plans to hangout at Chasidy’s Thursday night and then talked for an hour about everything before getting off the phone.

I just sat on my bed for a while, staring blankly into space, letting the time just pass by. I started to think about the train this afternoon and smiled. I was smiling for a very long time until I started to drift off to sleep. I let my dreams overshadow my thoughts as I slowly went into unconsciousness.

I felt like five minutes had gone by when a sudden shaking occurred through my body. I opened my eyes to my mom shaking me and yelling at me to wake up. I jumped up like there was a fire starting up in my stomach when I realized that there ten minutes until school started. I skipped getting ready and stayed in my PJs with my hair tied up, grabbing my bag, toothbrush and toothpaste as I ran out to my jeep and started it. I started driving to school and made it on time in less than seven minutes. That has got to be a new record.

I walked into first period and sat down in my seat beside Liam, who was sitting there smirking at me. I hated the feeling of my unbrushed teeth and decided that I would ask to go to the bathroom later and brush them. I could still feel Liam’s eyes on me and so I turned over to face him.

“What?” I asked giving him more attitude than I had intended. I guess I was a little tired and cranky, though I didn’t know why seeing as I went to bed early. I did however wake up in the middle of the night to change into my checker boxer shorts and black tank top. I knew that I was probably breaking the dress code right now but I hadn’t exactly been thinking about how short my PJs were when I was driving to school. They weren’t extremely short but I cannot remember a time where I have ever worn shorts to school.

“Nice… look,” He said winking at me smugly. I rolled my eyes and then walked to the front of the room to explain my false period story to, Mr. Caruso. I knew that I would make him uncomfortable and that he would let me off the hook, which is exactly what he did, even though he did give me a small lecture about being late for class.

I walked back to my seat, taking out my ponytail and letting my curly flow to my shoulders for a bit before tying it back up into a messy bun. I had to admit that I was feeling a little self conscious but I just ignored it.

We only had fifteen minutes at the end up class to work on our assignments because, Mr. Caruso had to teach us one more thing. He also informed us that we would be working on them three days a week in his class and that the rest was to be done on our own time.

I sat through a lesson that I really didn’t need to listen to, to know and when it was time to work on our big project I was almost asleep. I heard fingers snapping and sensed something in front of my face causing me open my eyes. I looked over at Liam and smiled sarcastically.

“Not a morning person,” Liam said scribbling it down on a piece of paper. I rolled my eyes and sat up in my seat. I figured that I would go home and skip second period all together so that I could change into some decent clothes.

“I’m not usually like this, I swear. I just slept in today and didn’t have time to get ready or anything and okay so I guess I’m not a morning person either,” I mumbled embarrassed. There was something about him that made me want to talk to him which made me nervous but I tried my best to ignore it.

“Well, I don’t really think that I’m going to be able to get to know you properly for the assignment if we’re stuck in a classroom so I should come over, say Saturday? And we can work on it,” He said with a smile dancing on his lips. I just shrugged and mumbled and ‘okay’. I wrote down my address and gave it to him.

I don’t know why I couldn’t carry out a full conversation with him properly but I couldn’t and so I spent the last fifteen minutes of class doodling on a piece of paper. There was something about the doodling that I liked and I wasn’t sure exactly of what it was. My little drawings weren’t the best but they were certainly not bad.

With the corner of my eye I could see Liam watching me with a deep concentration and every 20 seconds he would write something down on a piece of paper. I ignored him until the bell rang and then got up and ran out to my jeep. I had about an hour to get back to my house, shower, change and get back to school.

I drove the familiar roads to my house and ran in and jumped in the shower. I lost track of time and spent twenty minutes in it while the warm water relaxed me. When I realized that I still had to finish getting ready I jumped out and changed into a pair of skinny jeans and a plain grey shirt with a long necklace that had a heart at the end. I enhanced the curls in my hair and did my makeup as carefully and nicely as I could and then found some heals that I thought were cute but I never wore anywhere and put them on. I brushed my teeth quickly and then ran out to my jeep and drove back to school.

When I arrived at school and started my way to third period I noticed a few people staring at me. I heard a few whistles from the boys on the football team but ignored it all. I realized though, that I hadn’t ever put this much effort into my appearance before and so it was new to everyone, including me. I don’t even know why I put so much effort into my appearance anyways, it’s not like I really ever cared.

I made sure that I grabbed my books from my locker as I made my way to class. I only had to live through one more period until lunch. Greyson was in my second and third period class and so sitting through lectures, especially in this class about how to do well in English wasn’t so bad. I stayed with him when the bell rang for fourth period lunch and went to meet up with Chasidy.

“Hey, bitch,” Chasidy said wrapping her arm around my shoulder and holding Greyson’s hand. “Who’s the boy?” We started walking to my locker and I was so confused the whole way there.

“There isn’t one?” I said with a questioning tone. She just shook her head at me while I opened my locker and threw my stuff in it. I guess my outfit didn’t really help, but I think it was more the heals that got everybody’s attention.

“Yeah,” Greyson said sarcastically, “Right,” I just rolled my eyes at him, there was not a boy. Besides, I sometimes hung out with a different group of people at night who loved the adrenaline just like me. And Chaz, I guess you could call him the leader, and I occasionally got together after everyone left and had heavy make-out sessions, but I never let it escalade.

“I swear,” I said closing my locker and walking with them to the cafeteria. I thought about Chaz and figured that I’d go see him tonight. I hadn’t seen him in a while and I always got my needed adrenaline whenever I was with him.

We spent lunch at the same table as always and talked about everything. I looked around the cafeteria, for what? I have no idea. It felt like once I came across it, I would know, but I never did.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, I keep saying regular updated. I'm sorry it keeps taking me so long.
I happen to have a few more chapters already written up and so I will be posting those soon. I think you guys are going to like the next few chapters, and I can't wait to post them.

Comment/Subscribe. <3