Never Done It Quite Like This

Never Done It Quite Like This

"Hey! Give it back!" Garrett whined as I held his x-box controller over his head. This kid spent way too much time playing video games.

"Come on, let's go so something else" I suggested, not handing the controller over. He just rolled his eyes, showing he would rather spend the day inside than outside.

"The sun will just hurt my eyes." He complained. Excuses.

"Stop making excuses. That's what sunglasses are for. Now let's go." I reached for the power button on the game system and his eyes widened in horror.

"WAIT! At least let me save my game." It was my turn to roll my eyes as I handed the controller over.

I walked out of his room and to the kitchen to get a quick drink before we left. When I returned to his room, sipping a can of pepsi, he was glued to the game again. I snatched the controller from his hands, turning the game off.

"JOHN. I WAS ABOUT TO-"

"SHUT UP." I interrupted and dragged him out of the room.

I slid into the passenger's seat of Garrett's yellow sports car. Garrett slammed his door shut, mumbling about his game, and revving the engine. "Where are we even going?"

"Pat wants us to meet him and Halvo at Pizza Hut." I saw a smile creep onto Garrett's face as I said this. Pizza with the boys. I smiled, too. For some reason, his smile always caused my lips to curve up. It was contagious, I swear.

I reached for the knobs on the radio, skipping through various radio stations before I landed on one that Garrett started drumming to on the steering wheel. I added my own beats, trying to join in on the rhythm. However, mister driver stopped drumming and just shot me a glance reminding me that I lack rhythm. "Stick to singing, John. Please."

I glared at him but stopped, singing along the the next song on the radio. "Pour some sugar on me, in the name of love." I got really into, not noticing we were in the parking lot already until the song was over. Garrett had just been sitting there listening to me sing with a grin on his face. "What?" I asked defensively, "You told me to stick to singing."

"We should do a cover of that song." I smiled then. It was a great idea.

The two of us walked into Pizza Hut and saw Pat already had our table with Halvo. Garrett already rushed to sit down.

Halvo spotted me, pulling his hands around his mouth to echo his cat call. "OWW OWWW! John Ohhhhh!"

I smirked, strutting over to the table with my head held high and winked at Garrett. "Hey boys." I said with my voice three pitches higher than normal.

I slid into the booth next to the boy that drove me here. I casually put my arm behind him. "Hey sexy." I wiggled my eyebrows at him. I expected him to laugh, but instead I couldn't even read the look in his eyes. It was hard to tell with the dim lighting in this place.

The waitress came by our table, her eyes scanned over our little group. A smile played on her lips as she looked at Garrett. I glanced at him and he gave a small smile back. "What would you boys like?" She wet her lips suggestively.

I felt a small burn in my stomach. Did he think she was cute? I looked at her again as the rest of them ordered drinks. She was tall, tan, brunette; her legs went on for days. She's no different than the other girls that eyed Garrett.

"John? John, is anybody there? What do you want to drink?" My thoughts were interrupted by Halvo nudging me. I looked up at the girl's face, embarassed. She gave me a white smile, thinking that I was checking her out.

"Oh, sorry. Coke is fine." She nodded before walking off towards the back and I felt the guys eyes on me.

"What?"

"Checking her out, huh? Those legs always get to you, don't they?" Halvo nudged me again.

I cleared my throat, buying myself time to give them an answer. "She was, uh, kind of cute." I looked down, pretending to hide a blush. I felt Garrett fidget uncomfortably beside me so I looked up at him. He was giving me another weird look. How could I not read it? Garrett was usually an open book to me. I guess he wanted her.

"I think she had her eyes on Garrett, though." I felt another burn in the pit of my stomach. But if Garrett wanted her, who was I to stand in the way? I looked away, not wanting to see his reaction at all. He was probably smiling to himself, a smile that wasn't for me.

She returns with our drinks, slipping napkins to each of us before setting the drinks on top. Except for one, Garrett's. She slides him two napkins, one for his drink and one with some scribblings on it. Jealousy burns yet again; she gave him her number. She gave him a toothy smile again before taking our order.

When the waitress disappeared, I watched Garrett again. He cleared his throat before taking a sip of his coke and setting it back down on top of a napkin, the one with the number on it.

"Shoot!" He lifted his drink up quickly, but the numbers were already smeared. Setting it back down on the other napkin, he crumped up the phone number. "Oh well." I smiled to myself, he didn't want it.

After pizza and hanging around with Pat and Halvo for a while, Garrett and I headed back to his house. Tired, we both crashed in his room, in his bed. It was barely big enough for me to get in, but I managed. Exhaustion overriding my brain, I didn't even think about the fact that I was sharing a bed with him.

I woke up in the morning to something tickling my chin. I figured it was just a fuzzy blanket or something, so I didn't bother. I just wanted to keep sleeping. I reached my hand up to scratch my chin when I felt it. There was another body pressed up to me. Garrett was cuddled into me, his face buried in my chest and his hair had been tickling my chin. I smiled, wrapping my arms around his frame, keeping him close to me. I buried my face into his hair, hoping that he didn't wake up soon.

Of course, that didn't happen. I felt him stir and I squeezed my eyes shut, feigning sleep. His body tensed slightly at the realization of how we were laying before relaxing once again. Best friends sharing a bed, this was normal, right? Maybe to him, but it was more to me. I let him slip out of my arms, my chest becoming colder. He nudged me awake and I opened my eyes slowly.

"We have that photoshoot today." He yawned. I sat up, rubbing my eyes as he stretched. His shirt pulled up a bit as he did so, revealing the skin of his stomach. I bit my lip, wishing I could see more. I have, Garrett's been shirtless before. I always had to pretend it was nothing, but my god.

"What time do we have to be there?" Normality. Something I always had to pretend.

"An hour." I nodded and walked to the kitchen to get a bite to eat while Garrett showered and changed.

After my shower, I slipped on my Glamour Kills shirt for the photoshoot and headed out with Garrett.Kennedy, Jared, and Pat were already there waiting for us when we pulled up. I put on my smile and headed toward the guys. I wrapped my arm around Garrett's shoulders, pulling him to me. Best friends. He wrapped his arm around my waist. Best friends. I had to keep telling myself this. Best friends, that's all we are.

The photographer tells us to act casual. We're promoting Glamour Kills merchandise, so we all have a shirt on by them. I grin at the camera and hold up a peace sign high up in the air like I do in a lot of promo pictures. We're almost done here when we get ready for the final picture. I felt his arms wrap around me and his cheek press to my shoulder. I wanted to smile, but the picture captured me in thought about Garrett. My arm curved, ready to turn and put my arms around his as well. I smiled after though, this cute gesture. It was only for the cameras. Best friends. I needed to remember that.

We had some time left to walk around the studio. Kennedy and Pat wen to help clean some stuff up. Jared was off talking to the photographer. I looked around, not really having anything to do. A small chill run through me, they must have turned on the air conditioner because it was starting to get a little cold in here. I felt two arms snake around my middle.

"Cold?" I turned my head to look at Garrett and he nodded. I put my arm around him, pulling him closer. I smiled as his arms tightened around my waist. I was curious, though, about that phone number. "So, about that girl yesterday at Pizza Hut..."

"The waitress?" I nodded. "Not my type." He bit his lip, looking down at his feet. I saw his cheeks burn slightly. "You seemed to take an interest in her, though." There was something in his voice, like he was sad.

"Not my type either." I shrugged. "What is your type anyway?" He let got of my waist, dropping his arms to his sides.

"I'll tell you when we get back to my place." His bottom lip disappeared between his teeth again, trying to hide a small smile.

"Why can't you tell me now?" My eyebrows raised in curiosity. My heart was pounding, part of me hoping that I was his type.

"Just...later, okay?" He headed out to his car and I followed close behind.

The bed squeaked as I sat down on the edge of it, kicking my shoes off and leaning back. Garrett's did the same, laying back next to me after turning the television on. I bit my lip, wondering if I could bring up our previous topic of his type. But I didn't have to.

"My type of girl...I don't really have one, I guess." I looked over at him. His eyes were concentrated on the ceiling.

"Oh." Was all I could answer. He was chewing on his lip, still concentrated on the ceiling.

"Girls are just...I don't know. I'm crazy." His laugh was all nerves. He turned his gaze to me then away quickly when he noticed my eyes were on him. His cheeks reddened again.

"Why are you blushing? Who is she?" My heart sank a little. He doesn't have a type of girl because he's already crazy about one.

"I'm not." He said defensively. "There is no girl." Garrett propped himself up onto his elbows and sighed.

"Look, I don't know how to say this." He layed back again, shaking his head.

This time I sat up and turned to look at him. "What? Just say it. I'm your best friend. You can tell me anything." He sat up as well, shaking his head again.

"That's just it. We're best friends. That's all there is to it, it seems." He laughed to himself. "I'm crazy to think there was more to it." He stood up, headed for the door.

"Garrett, wait. What do you mean more?" My heart was pounding. Was this even real? I pulled him by the waist back toward me.

"It's exactly how it sounds. And I just ruined everything we had." He was shaking his head again. I stood up and looked at him, looked into his blue eyes. They washed over me and I smiled at him.

"You haven't ruined anything." My head tipped down to his and our lips met. Just a peck. Just a start.

I pulled away, taking in his face, taking in his reaction. A smile was plastered on Garrett's face.

"I've never done it quite like this." He said, wrapping his arms around my middle.

"Neither have I, but I don't think it's something I'd ever want to miss out on."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys like it.
Feedback, please?
Thanks (: