Status: Hiatus

One of the Boys

The Party (Part II)

Lola and Marco are onstage in front of a tall black curtain, he is given a microphone. "I would like to thank all of you for coming out tonight and Scott Reynolds, founder and editor-in-chief of FaMuS, for giving me a spread in his magazine."

A spotlight is put on Scott, he stands up and takes a bow as the guests applaud him. Everyone's attention turns back to Marco.

"And now thanks to Lola Munroe for donning the swimwear," She steps forward smiling and waving as everyone claps for her. "Without further ado, Lola will you do the honors of pulling the rope."

She nods and pulls the long braided rope, making the wall length curtain fall, revealing six enlarged photos of Lola in different swim apparel. Camera lights starts flashing and hands start clapping again.

After taking several pictures on the stage with Marco and by herself, Lola walks back to the group; each of them gives her hug and congratulates her. She is sitting down, drinking champagne and talking to the girls. Lola looks over at Scott, watching as he talks to a well-dressed man.

"Lo, are you listening?" asked her sister.

"No," She responded. "Who is that guy that Scott is talking to?"

"Who?" Aleana looks back at her husband. "Oh, him. That's Robert Graham, a writer for FaMuS."

"Tell me about him."

"He's 29, from Sherman Oaks, has a Master's in Journalism from Hofstra, never been married, no children, and is on the market." She informs Lola. "Why don't you go introduce yourself?"

"I just might," She stands up. "How do I look?"

"Amazing. Now go!" Aleana pushes her towards Scott and Robert.

Lola casually walks over to them. "Hey Scott."

"Hey Lola." He said, stopping his conversation with Robert.

"Oh, am I interrupt something important?"

"No, it's fine. We were just debating about politics." said Robert, giving her a toothy smile.

"Lola, this is Bobby. Bobby, this is my sister-in-law Lola." He said introducing them.

Bobby extends out his hand to her. "Nice to meet you Lola."

"Nice to meet you too Bobby." She said, shaking his hand.

"Aleana is signaling me for something. I'll be back." He walks off to his wife.

" So Bobby, what do you do for a living?" asked Lola.

"I'm a writer for the magazine." He said.

"Oh, really? I didn't know that."

( Brian ]

While everyone around him is having fun and talking, Brain just sits by himself sulking and watching as Lola talks to a guy.

Matt walks over sits next to him. "Hey, are you okay?"

"Yeah." Brian said, not taking his eyes off of Lola.

"No you're not," He follows his sad friend's eyes to over Lola, as she smiles and talks to another man. "Is this about Lola?"

"No."

"Yes, it is. You're all sad because Lola is ignoring you and flirting with someone else." Brian doesn't say anything, he just keeps staring. "Now you know how she feels."

"What are you talking about?" asked Brian, sitting up and looking at Matt.

"Lola liked you." Matt informed his clueless friend. "She changed her whole look to impress you but you had your head shoved so far up Heather's ass, you still didn't notice her."

"I didn't know that."

"Well, now you know but it's too late."

"Too late?"

"Yeah, she's over you." Matt gets up and walks away.

( Lola ]

For most of the party, Lola talks with Bobby. They are sitting at the bar when his phone rings, he excuses himself. Aleana walks over to her little sister. "So, how's it going?"

"It's going good," Lola says. "We have a lot in common."

"Has he asked you out yet?"

"Not yet."

Bobby walks back over to the sisters. "Hello Aleana, how are you?"

"Hi Bobby, I'm fine just needed to talk to my sister."

He nods. "Lola, I hate to end our talk but I have to go. Maybe we can finish this over breakfast on Sunday?"

"Umm...yeah. I would love to." She said.

"Okay, could I get your number?"

"Yeah." Bobby takes out his phone and gives it to her, she puts in her number and hands it back to him. "See you Sunday."

"Definitely."

He walks away. As soon as he is out of sight, both sisters scream and get excited.

"I have a date!" exclaimed Lola.

"You have a date!" exclaimed Aleana. "I'm so happy you. Let's have a drink."

"I can smell you've had enough." She said, holding her nose. "Go to the car and I'll get Scott."

"Okay."

Lola watches as her sister walks out of the venue then she gets up and begins looking for Scott, without any success. She sees Brian and decides to ask him where Scott is. "Hey Brian, do you know where Scott is?"

"I think the bathroom."

"Oh, okay. Thanks."

"Lola, wait. Can we talk?"

"Sure." He stands up and walks to the side with her. "What do you want to..."

Brian unexpectedly kisses Lola, cutting her off; she pushes him away. "Brian, what the hell is wrong with you?"

"Matt told me you liked me."

"Yeah, liked. As in I use to and not anymore." She spat. "I'm starting to wonder why I ever liked you and why I even wasted my time on you because all you did was reject me and cause me a lot of hurt but now I'm done. Goodbye Brian."

She storms off. Lola is leaving the venue when she bumps into Scott. "Lo, what's wrong?" He asked, concerned about his sister-in-law.

"Brian."

"You want to leave?"

"Yeah."

"Where's Lea?"

"At the car."

"Okay, let's go."

When they get home, Lola helps Aleana into bed. Scott walks into the room. "Thanks." He said.

"You're welcome."

"Do you want to talk about what happened?"

"No, I'm fine. Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

Lola goes into her bedroom. After changing her clothes, she climbs into bed going to sleep when she gets a text message. Lola opens the message:

Goodnight. See you on Sunday. - Bobby

Lola goes to sleep smiling, thinking about her date with Bobby.