Status: new.. active. should i keep??

You and Me

chapter 10

Cole’s POV
Later in the night after I had given the poison to Lara, I went to the kitchen to get a little snack. When I got there, I saw Lara sitting in a corner crying.

Looks like she didn’t get the answer she wanted from Dimitri. I thought before asking, ““Hey Lara, how was your talk with Dimitri?”

“It was h-horrible. He never even liked me. He was only using me. All he cares about is that

shape shifter he likes so much.” She said not caring that other people could hear her right now. The moment Lara said “that shape shifter he likes so much”, the Queen walked into the kitchen.

“What is this about a shape shifter, Lara?” she asked, authority ringing in her voice.

“I think I found out who killed your husband.” Lara replied.

“WHO?! I must know who killed my husband!” the Queen yelled.

“It was a shape shifter, but I do not know her name. If you ask your son he should know because he has been seeing her for a while now.” Lara told the Queen with a mischievous grin on her face.

“WHAT! My son has been seeing a shape shifter! This can’t be, I will not allow this happen!” She yelled again.

“I’m sorry miss, it’s too late. Dimitri has already gone to see her.” Lara stated.

“Well then, I guess we will just have to wait to punish him when he gets back.” The Queen said as she walked out of the kitchen.

It looks like if this goes the way I planned, I can still end up being the next King! Dimitri will soon be out of the picture. I thought as I went back to my room.

Raven’s POV

Here I am, sitting on my bed with Dimitri, just about to ask my first and most important question.
“Well for starters what happened in the past with you and that girl?” I asked.

“Well… it started when I was about 10 years old and I was starting to go through a lot because that’s when my father started to get sick. That’s also when my mother brought the girl you saw, Lara, to me. My mother said that I could do anything I wanted to with her.

“At first I didn’t want anything to do with her, but when my father started to get worse Lara was the only one there for me when I needed someone. When I was started to go through puberty I needed someone to take all of my frustration out on. So I took it all out on her, both physically sexually because I wanted to get my father off my mind. In the end I got sick of her because she wouldn’t leave me alone, so I ignored her. Earlier she came at me and I don’t know why.” Dimitri finished.

“I think I know why.” I said slowly, thinking back as to why Cole let me go.

“Really?”

“I think Cole did something to her because he was the one that kidnapped me and earlier today he just let me go. I think he had something to do with it.” I explained.

“You mean Cole did this all.”

“Yes I think he’s been doing everything just to get you and your father out of the picture so that he could get the throne. Then he can do anything he wants.”

“How could he do this to us? His own family!” Dimitri yelled.

“I don’t know. What I do know is that we have to stop Cole before he gets his way! You have to promise me that you’ll be careful because now that Lara knows I’m a shape shifter, she might tell someone with lots of power. Someone like your mother.” I said thinking of people that Lara might tell my secret to.

“You’re right, but Cole can’t get the throne until I’m out of the picture, and the only way that will happen is if I die or I’m put in the dungeon when my coronation is happening. Only then would he be able to take the throne. I highly doubt that I will die or be put in the dungeon in the next 4 days however.” Dimitri responded.

“Okay. Still be careful so that none of those things happen to you please. I don’t know what I would do if you weren’t here anymore.” I told him shyly.

“Okay, I’ll try. Was that your only question?”

“For now, yes. You didn’t really give me enough time to think of any other questions.”

“Then can I ask you a question?” Dimitri said while looking me straight in the eye.

“Sure.”

“Before, you said that you were coming to tell me your answer to my question before. I would like to know what your answer is.”

“Oh, well… I found the answer when Cole had kidnapped me. I figured out that I like you Dimitri. I’m willing to try going out with you if you still want to go out.” I told him. As soon as the words left my mouth, Dimitri came up and brought me into a hug.

“Thank you, Raven, for giving me a chance,” He said hugging me tighter as if I would disappear if he let go.

“I still don’t know if this will work out, but like I said, I’ll try to go out with you even if your parents don’t agree. We’ll fight through it because I want to be with you.” I told him while smiling.

“I feel the same, and I want you to know that I’ll fight for you.” He then looked outside and saw that the sun was starting to come up. “I guess I should get home before anyone starts looking for me.” He said walking over to the window.

“Okay, but promise me you will be careful when you get back, and mostly around Lara. I don’t want her around you anymore.” I said sadly thinking of before in his room.

“Don’t worry Raven. I only have eyes for you. I promise that I won’t even talk to her again.” He told me bringing me into another hug.

“You should probably get going.”

“Yeah, you’re right. Well, bye. I’ll come by again soon ok?”

“I’ll be waiting.”

After a small kiss and hug Dimitri flew out of my window and went back to his home. To his own kind.

Dimitri’s POV
Once I got back to the castle, I never expected anything that was about to happen, would happen. As I walked through the front door my mom was standing there. Waiting for me.

“Dimitri I need to speak with you.” She told me.

“Can we talk tomorrow, I’m really tired right now.” I said while trying to walk past her.

“No Dimitri. We need to talk right now.” She said angrily.

Oh no! Did Lara tell her about me and Raven? I thought as I followed my mom into her study.

“Dimitri, I know who you were just with. How could you… a shape shifter…?”
♠ ♠ ♠
ok so i completely forgot that i had these done and hadnt posted them up :(. but i hope you like all of the chapters :). comment on how im doing because i would really like to know how you feel about this story and if i can make it better in anyway :) it would be greatly appreciated.
also thanks to stargirl12 and shadow_seeker for you comments :).