Status: Complete

Like Walking Into a Dream

Babies.

As we were all eating lunch, Papa Gates decided to make small talk.

“Peyton, where did you learn to cook? This is amazing!” he said staring intently at me while shoving his face with more noodles coated in tomato sauce. I laughed lightly.

“My grandma loved cooking and I used to stay with her every other weekend,” I answered and took a bite. Brian rested his hand on my thigh under the table. I wasn’t meant to have any other meaning; it was just a sweet gesture. I smiled softly at him.

“I think I’ll drop by more often if you continue to cook like this,” Papa Gates murmured more to himself than to Brian and me.

“I heard that you’re having a concert in a few days,” Papa Gates said changing the subject and looking at Brian.

“Yeah, it’s going to be at Yellow Palm. We’re almost done with our new album so we’re giving the local fans a little taste before we decide to set tour dates,” Brian answered. I thought about his tour and my smile dropped. What if the distance hurt us or even worse, what if he meets another girl on the road…?!

“Too bad I won’t be here long enough to go to it,” Papa Gates replied and pulled me out of my thoughts. I forced a small smile and listened to them. I didn’t even realize that the concert was in a few days. It had completely slipped my mind because of all the recent drama with Michelle.

“Have you seen my boy in action?” Papa Gates asked me.

“Yes, quite a few times. I’m good friends with Jimmy, so I’ve been going to all the concerts in California ever since the band was started,” I said smiling genuinely while I thought about my teenage years.

“You’re friends with that crazy guy?! Ha, I’m scared to even let Brian bring his friends over unless they’re in the backyard for a BBQ,” he replied.

“Why?” I asked growing curious. He laughed before looking at his son with a knowing look.

“Jimmy and Zacky had a little too much to drink one time and they built a water slide on my stairs. It ended with Zacky busting his lip open and Jimmy spraining his wrist.”

“Oh, I remember when he had a brace on and couldn’t play the drums. Those few weeks, he bugged the living crap out of me because he was bored and Leana was out of town,” I said. Papa Gates and Brian laughed. We finished lunch and Brian helped me do the dishes while Papa Gates sat at the table and watched us.

“Wow, I’ve never seen Brian so…domesticated,” he mumbled. I laughed and Brian narrowed his eyes at his dad taking his comment as an insult.

“What? You hate doing chores. Peyton must being having a good effect on you,” he tried to make up for it, but Brian shrugged it off.

“We always do this. Ever since Peyton stopped letting me get so much fast food, we made home cooked meals and I help her cook and clean up,” he said with a small smile. I playfully flicked water at him and his jaw dropped. He was about to get back at me when Papa Gates interrupted us; I almost forgot he was still here.

“Hurry up and get married so I can have some gran-babies!” Now my jaw dropped and I'm pretty sure Brian and I were redder than the tomato sauce.

“D-Dad! Don’t talk like that. Besides, McKenna is still little. You shouldn’t be wanting any grandkids yet…”

“Brian, McKenna is in middle school now! She starting to like boys! I want babies, not adolescent rebels!” Papa Gates fake cried with his head on the table.

“Take that up with Brent. He’s older so you should be expecting kids from him first,” Brian grumbled and sat down with me at the table once the dishes were done.

“But look at Peyton! She’s gorgeous!” I blushed.

“I look at how beautiful she is every day,” Brian said staring firmly at his dad.

“Then what’s holding you back? You have my good looks and Peyton’s beauty! Give me beautiful babies!” Papa Gates demanded. My entire face felt like it was on fire. I can’t believe I just met Bri’s dad and he already wants us to have kids…

“Dad, you’re making this awkward. You should go visit Brent,” Brian said patting his dad’s back.

“No one cares about me anymore,” he grumbled and then his phone rang.

“Suzy!” he exclaimed when he answered it. He stood up and left the room like that entire conversation never happened. Brian and I just looked at each other before we broke out laughing.

“Sorry, I’m dad likes to state his opinion very bluntly,” Brian said. I leaned over and kissed his cheek before getting up to put the food away. I had just closed the fridge when I felt Brian wrap his arms around me. I turned around in his hold and lightly bit my lip.

“You are beautiful,” he whispered. I felt my face flush again…God! Stop with the blushing already! Brian chuckled before leaning down and claiming my lips. I rested my hands on his chest and kissed him back slowly.

“Hey guys—“ We broke apart and saw Papa Gates grinning widely in the doorway.

“Don’t let me interrupt you. I’m leaving now, but thanks for lunch. …I’ll check on you two later and see how the ‘progress’ is coming,” he said and winked before leaving out the front door. Brian and I just stared at the doorway where Papa Gates was standing moments ago.

“He’s not going to be allowed over for a long time,” Brian grumbled. I giggled and turned his head to face me again. I really didn’t like that our kiss got interrupted so I pulled his face back down to kiss me again.

Brian smirked and pulled me closer while returning my kiss enthusiastically.

~*~

“Are you nervous?” I asked Brian. We were standing back stage and the concert was going to start in a few minutes. He shook his head.

“Nope, I’m pretty excited. It’s been a while since I performed,” he smirked and leaned down to kiss me. I smiled into the kiss and wished him good luck before he disappeared with the guys.

I stood next to Leana and we watched our men play to their hearts’ content.

“So, anything happening with you and Brian lately?” she asked.

“Well, his dad came by a few days ago and had lunch with us. His dad then said that he wanted Brian basically to knock me up and give him grandkids,” I said laughing. Leana’s eyes widened before she started laughing too.

“That sounds just like him!” she exclaimed. I smiled and we talked about a few other things until the guys finished. They ran off stage and Brian pulled me into a sweaty embrace. I laughed and pushed him away.

“You did great, Babe, but go shower please,” I teased. Brian smirked and pulled me against him again and kissed me roughly not caring if the rest of the band was watching. The kiss made my knees goes weak and when he pulled back, I was barely able to stand.

“Don’t miss me too much when I'm gone,” he said referring to his shower.

“Yeah right,” I had meant for it to sound confident, but it came out like a whisper. Brian pecked me once more before leaving to take a quick shower in the dressing room before we all went to a diner to eat.

“Dang, Jimmy, kiss me like that after concerts too!” Leana said. I turned to face her slowly. She and Jimmy along with Matt and the other guys were grinning madly.

“Don’t say anything,” I warned them and went to get a water bottle. Butterflies still swarmed in my stomach from Brian’s kiss. Man, he makes me feel so alive…

Then I thought back to the look on everyone’s face. Tonight is going to be a long night if they plan on teasing us like I think they will be…
♠ ♠ ♠
I have no idea how Papa Gates actually acts like, but somehow I see him acting a little crazy like this and it reminds me of Jimmy :P

Some bad news guys... This story will be ending soon. I don't know when exactly, but there won't be many more chapters /:

But comment anyway and show me some love! <3

Thanks to:
Vanzchyk2011
PhoebenPaige
a venom
secrets-that-die
Hvipers19
CallusedSilk
MsSynnieVengeance