Status: Complete

Like Walking Into a Dream

Lunch.

Leana, Jimmy, and I ended up making a big pallet in the living room with comforters and pillows. It was Leana, then Jimmy, then me when we were laying down.

“Hey, how did your friend do with her boyfriend?” Jimmy asked, but I think he knew it was me asking. I sighed and shook my head.

“Eric and I are just going through a phase. We’re getting married in a few months and he’s just really busy now with work. Of course our love life isn’t like it normally is. I just got a little worried, but I still love him,” I told him. Leana propped herself up on her elbow and looked at me.

“You and Eric are having problems?”

“She thought she and him lost their ‘spark’ and asked me for advice saying it was for a friend,” Jimmy snorted. Of course he saw through it. I smiled. Jimmy did know me best.

“Oh yeah speaking of my wedding, Leana, I ordered the Bride’s maid dresses. They are the lavender color ones that we picked out. Casey is coming with me to pick them up and then we are going dress shopping for me. Do you want to come with us?” I asked. Casey was my maid of honor and Leana was one of my bride’s maids.

“YES! I can't wait. When are we going?” She asked happily. Jimmy rolled his eyes and dropped down onto his pillows with a sigh.

“Next weekend. Eric and I are having “alone time” this weekend. That’s why he didn’t want me to come over tonight, but I told he could be with me tomorrow. Oh Jimmy, you need to go get a good tux,” I told him. He raised up a little bit and raised an eyebrow.

“I was just going to wear casual clothes,” he told me. I smirked at him.

“Not if you’re going to walk me down the aisle,” I hadn’t mentioned to Jimmy that I wanted him to walk me down the aisle. My dad died two years ago in a car accident and Jimmy was like a brother to me and I wanted him to do it. I didn’t have any brothers, only a younger sister who is still in college in Nevada.

“Walk you down the aisle? You mean as in I’m going to give you away?” his eyes were as big as saucers. I nodded.

“That’s usually what it means, Jimmy,” I laughed at his facial expression.

“B-B-But what if I trip or something?” Leana laughed too.

“It’s the bride’s job to worry about tripping, not you!” Leana laughed. Jimmy laughed too and calmed down. He was more than happy to give me away to Eric.

“It’s almost 3 in the morning. We should get some shut eye,” I mumbled. Leana and Jimmy agreed with me and we finally went to sleep.

………………………………….

I woke up with next morning to the ringing of my phone. I forced myself to my feet and ran over to my bag. Eric’s name was blinking on the caller ID.

“Hello?” I asked still half asleep.

“Did I wake you up?” he asked.

“Yeah, what time is it?” I asked looking out the window. The sun was high in the sky and Jimmy and Leana were still asleep.

“It’s almost noon. I was calling to see when you were coming home. I didn’t mean to wake you.” He’s so sweet it made me smile.

“No, I didn’t mean to sleep in this late. We were up all night talking mainly about the wedding. I’ll be home soon. I just need to get my things together and then we can spend the day together.” I told him already grabbing clothes out of my back to change into.

“Okay, I love you,”

“Love you too.” We hung up and I went into the bathroom to freshen up and change into a pair of jean shorts and a loose strappy top. It was April and my wedding with Eric was planned to be on June 12th.

I walked out of the bathroom and saw Leana shoving Jimmy around on the pallet we made trying to wake him up.

“He sleeps like the dead,” I laughed. Leana smiled and me and finally jumped onto Jimmy’s stomach. It knocked the air of him and his eyes shot open.

“Damn,” he groaned sucking air back into his lungs.

“Wake up the first time I shake you and I won’t have to do that every time I want to get you up,” Leana scolded him. Jimmy groaned and sat up. He saw me dressed and packing my bag.

“Are you leaving already?” he pouted.

“Yeah, it’s almost noon and Eric wants me home,” I smiled. Jimmy grumbled and sat on the couch while Leana and I folded all the blankets and such. I walked over to Jimmy and hugged him.

“Don’t be a baby. Come over and see me tomorrow if you're still sad,” he nodded and I hugged Leana bye as well before getting in my car and going back home. I parked in the driveway and walked inside. I could still smell coffee that Eric must have brewed in the morning and the house looked at clean as always.

“I'm home,” I called as I slipped off my shoes at the door. I walked into our bedroom and unpacked my bag. Two arms wrapped around me and I smiled at his touch.

“Did you miss me?” I asked with a small smile.

“Terribly,” he mumbled. Maybe it was just a phase and we’re getting our romance back. Eric turned me around and kissed me.

“Let’s go out,” he said with a smile. He looks like he’s in a good mood.

“Sure, where do you want to go?” I asked wrapping my arms around his neck and letting them hang loosely.

“Let’s go to that café close to the beach,” he said. I nodded and grabbed my sandals, putting them on. Eric held my hand as we walked the short distance to the Lunar café on the beach. It was a short walk and I liked the fresh air.

“Next weekend I'm going dress shopping with Leana and Casey,” I told him. Eric smiled at me and nodded.

“I’ll go get my tux then too,” I squeezed his hand and we walked into the cozy café. We got a table on the deck overlooking the ocean. People were laying out soaking in the sun’s rays and others were swimming and surfing.

“What do you want to eat?” he asked looking over the menu. We’ve been here many times before and I always get the same thing. Does he even have to ask?

“The same as always,” I said.

“Which is?” he asked. I scrunched up my eyebrows. Even the waiters know what I always get. How can he not remember? I shook the thought from my head forgetting it. He’s been busy…

“The crab,” I answered.

“I feel like scallops or the tuna,” he smiled. I was happy he was finally relaxing. But then his pager went off and his phone rang… Great. Eric groaned and answered it.

“This is Dr. Williams,” he rubbed the bridge of his nose as he listened to the person on the other end talk to him.

“Dave, this is my day off. Aren’t there any other doctors on call?” he asked and listened to our boss.

“I see, yeah I’ll be there soon. Sure, you’re welcome,” he snapped his phone shut and looked at me sadly.

“I’m sorry Peyton, but they need me to come in now. There was a car pileup on the highway and they’re calling in all the surgeons. Some of them were injured pretty bad. I’ll make this up to you, I promise,” he said.

“It’s fine, this is your job. We’ll take a rain check,” I said trying to make him feel less guilty even though I was disappointed. I was actually looking forward to eating lunch with him. He’s always so busy with work.

“I’ll be home later. I’ll call you once I know how long it will take,” he kissed me quickly before rushing out of the café. I slumped down in my seat and waited for the waiter. I was hungry so I’ll just have lunch alone.

“Peyton?” I turned around when someone called my name. Brian was standing on the deck.

“It is you. Can I sit down?” he asked with a smile. I nodded.

“Are you eating alone?” he asked looking around.

“Eric was with me, but he just got called into work. There was a car pileup,” I said with a soft smile. Brian mirrored it and leaned back.

“Then I’ll keep you company. Eating alone is never fun,” he said and that made me smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please(: