Status: Active

Something Unexpected

No Way, My Luck Right?

Avery’s POV

I watched my aunt move frantically around the house cleaning everything possible, or any dirt that caught her eye. I had never seen her like this; it was like she was on a mission to eliminate anything that didn’t look clean. I had spent a couple hours cleaning the upstairs half while she ran around downstairs. Adrian would be arriving in a few hours with his son and my aunt wanted to make a good impression.

“Oh Avery, as soon as I finish we’re are going to go on such a big shopping spree we’re going to have to pay people to carry the amount of bags we’ll have” I laughed as I dusted around the living room. My aunt had finally slowed her pace and now she was walking around checking everything was in place.

“So I’m guessing Adrian is staying in the room with you” I smiled playfully watching my aunt’s cheeks somewhat flush.

“Well there is only one guest room, and that’s for his son” I laughed cocking my eyebrow up and placing my hand on my waist.

“You don’t have to make excuses, I know you want him for yourself” Diana laughed loudly but smiled while she stuck her tongue out.

“Her son is pretty attractive...for you” I looked at her and raised my eyebrows.

“Technically it’s legal” She continued making me laugh fully and bluntly.

“Diana! He’s going to be my step brother...I guess” I shrugged and Diana shook her head walking closer to me as she scanned what I had cleaned double checking that everything was just right.

“Well I do consider you my daughter, but Avery, your technically my niece, if something happened with Lucas it wouldn’t be bad” I raised my eyebrows, did she say Lucas? There was a pause and suddenly realizing what she had just said she stood up straight her eyes narrowed.

“Lucas?” I questioned my eyes widened like there was a poisonous snake looming in the room ready to strike at any second.

“Yes, Lucas” She forced a smile and suddenly all the dots began to connect. Why had she been so interested in what I thought about Lucas Kane? Why did she care so much?

“Isn’t Adrian’s last name Kane?” My aunt watched me hesitantly looking as if she were debating what to respond with.

“Yes” Now I felt the anger bubble under my skin, I can’t get mad, not now. After everything she has done for me it’d be incredibly selfish to throw a tantrum because one of the people I can’t stand was going to stay at the house, he was after all the son of my aunt’s fiancé. I had to be nice, no matter how painful.

“Avery, are you alright with this? I mean I wouldn’t mind you spending the summer at a friend’s or something, it’s just I really want you to meet Adrian, you do understand, right?” I looked at my aunt whose face was frightened and suddenly she didn’t look as strong as she normally seemed, instead she looked like a fragile child, watching her look so vulnerable caused the anger to cool and all I felt was some annoyance that’ll eventually fade away.

“It’s ok, I get it, I’ll hang around I need to approve of your fiancé after all” I forced a smile watching Diana’s face smoothen and a sigh of relief escape her lips.

“Did I ever tell you how much I love you Avery?” She hugged me from the side kissing the top of my head, I smiled, but really on the inside I was screaming. So much for a good summer! The Lucas Kane was going to stay at my house, and eventually move in! Kill me...

Lucas’ POV

I held the suitcases roughly in my hands as I followed my dad to his sports car...courtesy of me! But still he managed to pay me back by dragging me to this tiny town in the middle of no where.

“Aren’t we going to catch a plane? Why don’t we just take the limo?” I looked at him and suddenly a loud laugh erupted from his lips almost causing me to stumble backwards.

“What’s so funny?” My dad continued to laugh causing my skin to flush with anger and the suitcases get thrown into the backseat roughly.

“Why am I going to take a plane, when it’s only a four hour drive” My pulse literally stopped, a four our drive, with my father!?

“You have got to be kidding” I looked up at him from the passenger side, but he just smiled and pulled himself into the driver’s seat. I wanted to strangle him right then and there, I wanted to kick and scream and tell him he could never make me go with him, I wanted to yell and threaten with moving out, but I knew as soon as I pushed myself into the car it was all too late.

“It’ll be a fun experience, the summer in a quite city, driving with you, we might actually get to spend some quality time” At this I laughed and rolled my eyes leaning on my hand which now rested on the window. Quality time? Suddenly my dad decides to marry a random woman, and he becomes Mother Theresa, how does he expect to suddenly shove himself into my life.

“Ok whatever you say” I spoke sarcastically before I grabbed my I-Pod and quickly put it on before my dad started a conversation.

The drive was the worst drive of my life. Sports cars were most definitely only supposed to be used for showing off, making out, and racing. Some road trip to some far not heard of town in the middle of no where in the cramped little car, definitely not part of the things it was meant to do.

“Are we there yet?” I looked at my dad who nodded when suddenly a large white house came into view. Mine was definitely bigger, but I guess it’d have to do. Suddenly my phone beeped and I pulled it out thinking I had a text message when my dad began to chuckle.

“By the way Lucas, there’s no service out here” The three perfect words flowed into my head describing my life for the next three months, and I knew that’d I be repeating them over and over again during my stay. Those three words happened to be...Fuck...My...Life...
♠ ♠ ♠
OMG! New chapter :) Can't believe I already have 3 subscribers! I hope more people will want to subscribe after this one :)