Please Just Leave Me Alone

Is there alcohol in this?

I follow Johnson into Elle Capalier, not bothering to glance around. I don't think he realizes that I have been here many times before. Either that, or he just doesn't care. He grabs for my hand, and pulls me slowly towards the reserved table for two. I sit, but, noticing that he was still standing, I set my purse at my seat, and stand up. "What?"

He laughs, shaking his head. "You sit, I'll go get our drinks."

Oh, right. Drinks... I smile, and sit down, glancing towards the dance hall, which you can only get to by going in the back way, or going through the door that leads there. Hilary promised that she would bring Wren here, to watch over the date, but-

I catch a waving hand out of the corner of my eye, and turn in my seat, staring at this extremely blue figure at the entrance to the table area. I slid my eyes up to the face, and smile. Hilary to the rescue. She smiles, and drags Wren over, pushing him towards their reserved table, right by ours. "Oh, thank God you are here!" I stand up, and Hilary wraps her arms around me, and I carefully hug her back, sighing.

"Has he tried anything sneaky yet?" She whispers in my ear before pulling away.

"No.. not yet, but we only just got here. He went off to get drinks.." I pause as I notice her wide eyes. "What?"

"Okay, here's the deal. If he doesn't pressure you at all into drinking, or to only have one drink, then he is playing nice. But if you finish off your first drink, and he gets you another right away, he is hoping to get you drunk enough to have sex with him afterwards. But, keep notice of how many drinks he has, if he drinks really slowly, he wants to be aware of what having sex with you is like. If he drinks as much as you, then he just doesn't give a fuck. But, seeing as how you two have never slept together yet, he isn't going to drink that much. You understand?"

I stare at her in confusion, but nod slowly. "Yeah, I get it. Thank you so much." I smile as she makes her way to her table, and I sit down once more, taping my fingers on the table nervously.

"Hey, doll face."

I glance up at Johnson and smile coyly as he sets some frothy black drink down in front of me, setting one of his own down in front of his plate as he sits down. I stare from him to the drink, raising an eyebrow as I look at him. "Um.. what is this?" I asked slowly, taking the straw that was sticking out from the edge and spinning it slowly around the thick liquid. I glance over towards Hilary, and she is staring at the drink in wonder, probably thinking the same thing as me.

He laughs, and pulls his own straw towards him, taking a small sip. "Blackberry Delite." He answers, grinning as he watches me.

I nod, and hesitantly pull my straw up, taking a small drink. Turns out it is actually good. I glance up towards him, only to notice that he is still watching me. "Um.. is there alcohol in this?" I ask carefully, taking another drink, longer this time. If he is trying to make me have sex with him, he sure as hell chose a good first drink...

"Oh, only a little bit. Do you like it?" He asks, drinking more of his.

I pull my straw out of the cup and set it on the napkin with the forks and knives. "Oh, yes, it is delish." I smile at him, and lift the glass to my lips, taking a slow drink, savoring the feeling of him watching me. Watching me as if nobody had ever had the drink without the straw. "Why aren't you drinking yours?" I ask, giggling.

Wait- did I just giggle? That is so not like me...

He laughs, and watches as I down the rest of the drink. "Oh, yes, delish.. Why, do you want mine?" He pushes his drink towards me, taking my empty glass to his side of the table.

I stare at his practically full glass, then towards Hilary, who is shaking her head at me furiously, as though to say, 'Goddamnit! You aren't supposed to let that happen!' but I just laugh some more, and take a drink of his, setting his straw by my own, only I licked his tauntingly before so. "Thanks.." I whisper, a smile curling itself onto my lips. "That was very not selfish of you." I laugh and set the drink on the table.

He's looking a bit disappointed that I haven't finished his drink yet. "Yeah, you're welcome." He smiles at me sweetly, and I roll my eyes, grabbing the drink, drinking from the glass as though I hadn't had water for a year. He watches me, and stands up. "You want another darling?" He asks, running his hand over my hair, eyes not on mine, but on my lips.

I nod, watching as he takes the glasses away. I blink as a strong pain hits inside of my head. For a short moment, I wonder exactly how much alcohol there was in the drinks.