Please Just Leave Me Alone

I let him take it.

I shiver, wishing that I had worn a jacket. I glance around me, but then quickly look back down at the sidewalk. It feels as though I have been walking for hours, but the sun has not even risen yet, and it rises around five, so... It would be four? I shake my head in confusion, jumping as the barking of dogs echoes around me. I wish that I had not taken so many twists and turns... and side streets...

The appeal of the sidewalk's rest is quite tempting...

I shake my head, looking around me in confusion, wondering if I would ever find my way back. I stop, and turn around, going back the way I came. I quickened my pace as a car's headlights shone out from behind me. I so didn't want to be kidnapped and raped and murdered and- I shook my head and jumped, spinning around as the car honked it's horn at me.

I stared at it with wide eyes. Something seemed familiar about it, but I couldn't decide what exactly it was. I slowly slid off the shoes I wore, and clutched them in one hand. As the car came to a stop a few feet away from me, I turned and ran.

A voice called out from behind me, but I didn't stop. I ran forwards, running with all my might, until-

I gasped as I tripped, the garden sprinkler of some house lying in the middle of the sidewalk. I fell to the ground, the blades of the sprinkler slashing open the side of my foot, blood pouring out over the sidewalk. I made to stand up, but the fire that burned in my foot was too much to stand. I felt tears creeping to my eyes, and I looked to the sidewalk as I heard the car stop behind me.

Somebody got out of the car, and was walking towards me. I sprang forwards as soon as I felt the person was right behind me, but my bleeding foot was not about to let any weight be put on it. I was about to fall back to the ground, but somebody caught me, pulling me up. I struggled in their grip, and turned my face away as they turned me to face them. "Let me go!" I cried, dropping the shoes to the ground.

I gasped as the person let me go, and I collapsed to the ground. I landed on my butt, and I looked up at the source of laughter. Johnson.

I growled, and tried standing up, but my foot wouldn't have it. Johnson looked down at me, and scooped me up in his arms, grabbing my shoes with his other hand. "What are you doing out here at five o'clock in the morning, Addison?" He asked quietly, tossing my shoes onto the floor of the passenger side, and opening the door, setting me in the seat.

I watched as he got into the driver's side, shutting his door carefully. "I was just taking a walk..." I murmured in response. He watched me for a moment before digging through the center compartment, pulling out a wad of napkins and handing them to me. "Thanks..."

He nodded, and began driving. "Just taking a walk? In those clothes?" He shook his head, stopping at a blinking stop light. He turned towards me. "Addison, I'm sorry about what I did the other day... I was out of control, and I am very sorry. I didn't mean for that to happen, but you know what alcohol can do to a person..." He muttered, softly, not going when the light turned green.

I nodded, leaning into the seat, holding the wad of increasingly blood-soaked napkins against my foot. "It's no big deal, Johnson... I was just nervous... I'm still virgin, you know..." I whispered, flicking a curl of hair from my eyes as I looked up at him. "I didn't know what to do..." I turned my gaze away from his, and sat up straighter.

He stared at me a while longer before driving the car around the corner, parking at some dark side-street. He turned back towards me, and I glanced at him. We both knew what he wanted. Oh, hell.

I tossed the wad of napkins onto the floor of the car and climbed over beneath him. We both knew what he wanted, and I let him take it.