Please Just Leave Me Alone

Be psyched!

I stare at my wall, unable to fall into the temptation of sleep. It's been a few days since I slept with Johnson, a few days since I ran into Grace in the lobby, a few days since I realized that I was doomed to a life of loneliness.

You would think that I would have calmed down a bit, but I haven't- I still don't know what to do about the whole Grace situation, and I'm still avoiding Johnson like a mouse from an eagle.

So, the Johnson situation... We had sex, he took my virginity, and I left his car a bloody mess.

The Grace situation... We had... well, we did something together, and I have no clue what to call it. She thinks that I'm having a side affair with Elvis, and offhandedly threatened to expose my darkest secret to the entire school.

Therefor, the friend situation... I know I'm acting sketchy, and I know that Hilary and Isis can see it... Elvis is acting weird, too... I think he just wants me to tell them the truth about Grace.

As though on queue, the phone rings at my bedside table, and I shoot up, grabbing it. "Hello?" I ask, pushing my hair back from my face, trying to calm down my nervous breathing.

"Hey, Addie, what's wrong? You sound like you're being held at gun point..." I sigh- Hilary.

"No, no... the phone woke me up... bad dream, you know..." I responded, closing my eyes a moment, taking a deep breath before opening them, standing up.

"Oh, right... Well, hey, Elvis, Isis and I are going out to this new club that's opening up tonight, you up to coming along? I mean, I know you've been kind of... off lately, but this is big, I heard even some kinda sorta famous celebrity might be showing up..."

I couldn't help but smile... she sounded so sincere, yet... Gentle, as though afraid that I would break down and say no. "Sure, sure... I'll come... Should I come to your house, or do you wanna pick me up?" I knew her answer before she said a word- she had just gotten her old car redone, all refurnished on the inside, with freaky purple insides, and an outer spray job- bright purple. She'd been waiting to use it all day.

"I'll come get you in an hour- be psyched!"