Status: Complete - Awaiting Judging

A Screaming Fame

Part One

We tried to fight for what we thought that we believed in...
.
.
.
Ginny sat curled up in her favorite Gryffindor-colors blanket beside the fireplace. Her house-mates spread out in the Common Room ignored and refused to talk to her, but that didn't bother her anymore. She'd given up paying attention to what they thought months ago.

There was nothing they could say about her now that would hurt as bad as he had the night he told her he didn't want to be with her anymore, that he couldn't do it anymore.

She hadn't cried, hadn't spoken a word of protest. It wouldn't have mattered if she had, his mind was made up.

With each step he'd taken as he'd left the room, her heart had squeezed harder in her chest until she couldn't watch him anymore and crumpled in on her chest. When the door slammed, the echoing sound had carved a hole where her heart had been beating so erratically.

All she'd done for him, all they'd sacrificed to be with one another, none of it meant anything anymore.

Maybe it was all for nothing, I bet that it was all for nothing.

After the initial shock, she'd sneaked out onto the pitch to fly for a while. It was a habit they had formed together, during the beginning.

They'd fly together, her straddling the broom behind him with her arms wrapped firmly around his waist during the sunsets.

Nobody wanted them around at the time, anyway. Not after the bombshell news that sweet little Ginny Weasley had fallen for probable Death Eater, Draco Malfoy.

So we drive, cause we like to be alone. There's nowhere for us to go, there's nowhere for us to go.

The Slytherins had turned their back on Draco before her brother had even found out about their relationship. They called him a traitor and told him that he wasn't fit to wear the Dark Lord's brand.

Ginny's exile had been worse.

As soon as Ron got wind of the rumor that the two were together, he'd marched up to her with fire in his eyes. "What the hell is going on between you and Malfoy?" he'd barked, his nose and ears red with rage.

"You don't know him like you think you do, Ron," she'd insisted, her eyes cast low. "I think I love him."

"He's a Death Eater, Ginny!" he'd shouted right in the middle of the Great Hall for everyone to hear. "His father tried to kill you four years ago, perhaps you've forgotten?"

She'd jerked as if she'd been struck, "You don't understand, he's not his father. If you'd just give him a chance, you'd see it for yourself."

"You are not my sister," he'd hissed, shaking his head at her. "My sister wouldn't dream of betraying our family by getting involved with that pompous ass! You're dead to me."

How can you think that any of this was easy with all the friends I've lost along the way?