Status: Complete - Awaiting Judging

A Screaming Fame

Part Two

When this is over, we're all getting older now and we all play a part in it.
.
.
.

Her blue orbs, red and scratchy from lack of sleep, scanned the Slytherin table, both hoping and fearing that she'd see him. When she did, her heart felt like it'd fallen through her butt and onto the floor.

He looked worse for the ware than she had in the mirror that morning. His eyes met her and he quickly looked away, shamefaced.

Innocence is falling, can you hear them calling now?

Just as she'd reached to grab a bun off the plate in front of her, the entire Great Hall shook from a loud explosion that blocked off the exit. "Death Eaters," she whispered, "It has to be."

In an instant, a storm of Death Eaters flew through the open windeows on brooms, wands drawn and curses ready on their lips.

We tried to fight, I guess sometimes you find out it's pointless.

A cold fear passed through her, as she fired spell after spell until her body felt slow and tired from overuse.

There were too many of them and they just kept coming!

A flash of too-blond hair entered her vision and Ginny couldn't believe her eyes.

Draco was fighting alongside his aunt against Harry and Ron. He had lied to her, and now was fighting against the Order that he'd sworn he'd join.

As long as you can live with yourself, tell me how you live with yourself.

"Avada Kedavra!" someone shouted and Ginny hit the deck, rolling along the floor until she was under one of the huge tables.

"Avada Kedavra!" The second voice to shout the killing curse was explosive and half-derranged, as she'd learned all of the Unforgivable curses should be cast.

When this is over, we're all getting older now and we all play a part in it.

A body fell to the floor beside the table and Lucious Malfoy was staring at her, a look of permanent horror etched into his face.

Draco burrowed under the table beside her, looking ready to rip someone into pieces. His eyes digested her quickly and pure relief flooded his face when he realized she was unharmed.

Innocense is falling, can you hear them calling now?

"I couldn't let him," he whispered, inching towards her. "You're the only thing in my world worth saving, when I saw him cast the killing curse at you, I lost my mind."

Ginny frowned, "You're a traitor, Draco," she hissed, "You were using me."

"What?" he was confused, "No, I love you."

"Don't say that!" she bellowed, tears aching behind her eyes. "Even if he's the biggest git in the world, he's family and I love him!"

"Ron intercepted me while I was headed to get Aunt Bella off your precious Potter's back!" Draco argued, gripping her hands tighter, "I only defended myself until he let me explain."

Her heart stopped at his words. He hadn't lied, his story made sense. He'd killed his father to protect her. He loved her.

"My life isn't worth living without you, I want you to marry me." he finished.

She grinned, her body filled with more warmth than she could remember having ever felt. He loved her. He wanted to marry her.

He frowned, "I need an answer in case we don't make it out of here, will you marry me?"

She could have cried out from pure joy, "Of course I will. My heart is yours with or without my permission."

Draco pulled her into his arms, squeezing her tightly against him as if it may be the last time and planting a chaste kiss in her hair.

And I'll be by your side until the end..

They shot out from under the table together, back to back and fighting for each others lives.
♠ ♠ ♠
Word Count In Total: 1220