And I Never Knew

Fallen

I blinked at my small computer screen as an IM popped up and I smiled.

Falen's name showed up with a good morning.

Falen :
Good morning Pansy.

Jude:
Good morning, love.

Falen:
Oh please. Save that for your loovverrrrr. xP You know, Tara?

Jude:
She is not! You sush! >:l

I smiled and snickered. Tara was my date to the Christmas formal, and Falen, my best friend since fourth grade, wouldn't stop talking about her.

Falen:
Well, I gtg to shower l8er? school? bye

Jude:
Bye. LOVE YOU!

Falen:
xD Love you too...PANSY!

Falen has signed off.

I smiled and stood up from my desk.

My name is Jude Graves and I am in 10th grade, 15 years old.

I looked in my round mirror and ran my hand through my shaggy sandy blond hair. Blinking my bright emerald eyes, I slid on my thin rectangular glass and smiled.

"Mom! I'm going to school now, love you!" I called out in a faint British accent.

"Love you! Be good!"

I ran eagerly out my door to pick Falen up at her house, as I do every morning.

After tripping up her icy driveway, I rang the doorbell and waited as slow footsteps came to the door.

"Good morning Jude. She'll be down in a second. Please, come in." Smiled her mother, ushering me inside.

I waited on their couch as she was finishing up upstairs and looked at the baby pictures hanging on the wall.

Falen was always very beautiful, but she kept herself modest. And I liked that.

"Jude? Oh good morning."

Falen Hayes. The most beautiful girl in the world, smiled at me from the bottom of her stairs.

I smiled, she was truly stunning.

Her thin layered chestnut hair fell over her chest in little waves like a calming ocean. Her blue eyes glistened and danced like a cold winter wonderland. And her lips were glossed over by a pink ice that covered her straight pearly teeth.

I noticed Falen's eyelashes were long and black as they sweeped the tip of her cheeks as she smiled her breath taking smile at me.

"Morning, Love." I smiled, walking over to her and giving her a hug.

I was about six feet tall, and she wasn't much shorter, probably a good 5'7 so our hug was more even.

"How was your torturous homework?" Falon asked, looking at me as she pulled back.

"Wonderful." I mumbled sarcastically, rolling my eyes. "How was the gym?" I asked, waving to her mother as we walked out the door.

Falen's face lit up as she hugged herself in her jacket to ensure warmth. "Great! I think I lost a few pounds to!"

I frowned and rolled my eyes as we walked to the bus stop a block away.

"You don't need to loose anymore weight, darling. Your already a twig, what more do you want?"

-----
Falens POV

I ignored Jude's comment and turned around.

One moment I was stepping out my front door, then the next thing I know I was flying down the front steps.

I thrust out my hands in front of me to slow my impact and I felt the tiny rocks on the side walk quickly pierce into my skin.

Next my chest to slammed against the pavement and scraped my chin. I rolled over and groan in pain.

"Errg!" I squeezed my eyes shut, and that's when the pain really started to hit. 'It hurts so bad..' I thought, as I began to hyperventilate.

"Falen!" I heared Jude's voice yell in agony and worry.

I burst into tears, as I smelled the blood.

"Love, It's going to be alright!"

He groaned as he helped me sit up straight, slinging his arm around me and slowly brought me to my feet.

I cried so hard it surprised me when he swung me up into his arms bridal style.

Hiccuping in between the burning salty tears I pressed my face into his chest to hide the tears from the people walking by staring at me.

Jude shook violently and I wasn't sure if it was because of my massive weight or if he was just scared.

Jude walked up the stairs to my front door and struggled with the knob to open it. After he did he kicked it shut with his bright yellow converse.

Carefully, he set me down on the couch, and I fluttered my eyes open to be greeted by Jude's very close emerald eyes full of worry.

His face was soft, and he wiped away my tears with his thumb as he cupped my face in his big soft hand. "I'll be right back, be good." Jude whispered, touching my nose lightly and then he walked quickly from the room, leaving me alone with the smell of rust.

I tried lifting my head, but it felt super heavy which made the room spin. I groaned and like it was a calling, he ran in carrying the first aid kit from the kitchen and wet towels.

"Did you just groan? I heard something. Whats wrong. What hurts." He asked, waving his hands frantically around looking like a panicked gay guy.

"No, no it's okay."

Jude nodded and took a deep breath, then placed one of the cloths on my chin, making me wince. Jude took my hand strongly in response.

Flipping my free hand over, I heard Jude gasp in shock. I look down to see a bloody mess of rocks that dug into my skin. Startled, I began hyperventilating once again.

"I ..need...my...inhaler!" I managed to get out in between breaths and sobs.

Jude's eyes widened, and he tripped his way through the living room, to the kitchen and then quickly back with my pink inhaler in hand.

He brought it to my mouth and I took it from him, sitting up quickly and inhaled it.

All the while he drew on my back with his finger in random lines, which only a best friend could know helps me.

With a cough and sigh, I rested back onto the couch and closed my eyes trying to calm myself.

"Falen?" I opened my eyes to see his shirt covered in scarlet red blood stained from my hands gripping onto him.

My eyes wandered up him, to his soft and worried eyes. His lips quivered and he touched my cheek softly. "Will you be alright?"

"I'll be fine." I whispered, giving a weak smile. "Just a little trip, it's not like I fell and died."
I hoped there wouldn't be to much damage, but it felt liked I was beat up by crazed monkeys.

Inhaling deeply, I said, "It hurts, but I just over reacted to the blood."

Jude leaned down and my heart leaped, what was he doing !?

He kissed my cheek lightly, then with a blush he raised his head again. He caressed my face and smiled at me. "Never scare me like the again, love."