And I Never Knew

I'd Go Across The Universe For You

I rolled my eyes.

"What did you trip over?"

I look at my untied converse and stick up my foot. "Opps!" I snorted with a giggled. "Must have tripped on my laces!...Again!"

"I think it's time for you to get Velcro straps young child." He chuckled with a smile.

"No way!" I laughed and stuck out my tongue playfully. "You'll just have to tie my shoes for me!"

"I may have to!" He said, then reached into the first aid kit and pulls out a large, ugly, beige banaid. "Now hold still."

I jerk away quickly. "Awh! Can't I have I have one of those cute hello kitty ones?"

"Are they in you room?" He asks getting up.

"No...There in my purse." Looking around the room in confusion." My purse!!"

"It must have flew off when you fell. I'll be right back."

"Get it before the homeless do!!!" I yelled before he ran out the door.

"Sure, sure!"
 
I groaned and looked at the clock on the wall. Crap! We're going to be late!

"Here, here I got it! I had to beat up an elderly woman, but I got them." He laughed, running to me.

"We're going to be-"

"Late. I know. Let's skip today. My treat. My house. Sound okay to you?" Jude asked, rummaging through my purse to pull out my band-aids.

"Sure.., I guess. But what if someone finds out? I've never done that before, and it makes me nervous."

"Don't worry hon. I do it all the time, calm down. My mother won't be home, just as yours isn't now. That what work is for darling." He laughed, un-doing the bandage from it's package.

"Now. Let me see your chin, love."

I tilted my head up, so my now clean cut would be in his view. Jude kissed it and I blushed.

"Does it feel better now?" He asked, as I looked into his eyes that swam with emotion.

"Of course." I smiled, tapping my chin. "Ready."

Slowly and carefully he placed the band-aid on my chin.

He handed me my small mirror before I could even ask for it. "Thanks. Ugh, it looks awful on my face." I huffed, frowning into my little compact.

"Darling, you could never look atrocious. Your always beautiful." He smiled, taking my hands and kissing both my palms and applied more bandages on them after picking out the rocks.

"Thanks."

"Now to my house? Hm, let me guess. Reese's pieces cups, sprite and bubblegum? Oh wait no this is Tuesday. So, Pepsi-...hm....chips and ice cream?"

I blinked at him in surprise.

"What? I know these things about you fay, love." Jude smiled, taking my hand and intertwining his fingers through mine. "I've even got a few things down pat, that you don't even know about." He winked at me and I titled my head to the side.

After he smiled slyly at me, I opened my wide in shock.

"Like your present you get every once in a while.....?" Jude laughed in his posh Brit accent, winking.

"You know my...period? Oh my god gross. EW JUDE!" I wrinkled my nose in disgust.

"Well!" He threw his hands in the air beside his head like a surrender.

"I can tell by your actions, god sorry. I thought maybe if I was especially nice you wouldn't get mad at me like you did that one time."

"Whatever, I know when you are on yours too so we're even. Lets go. " I laughed, shaking away the thought.

"Hey! I am very male thank you!"

"Sure you are...." I laughed, rolling my eyes.

Once outside, I shivered, forgetting my jacket inside.

Jude unzipped his jacket and held open a part of it and with a smile, I squeezed myself in between him and the jacket, instantly warm.

I smiled at my best friend, Jude, and noticed once again his beautiful features.

His shaggy blond hair lightly brushed his collarbones, and his eyes were a bright green, that had black swirls dancing around his pupils as he looked at me with his straight, white and purely smile.

Jude's lips were full and rosy, as were his cheeks from the frost nipping at them.

"When we get to your house, may i have a pain killer please?" I looked over at Jude while I rubbed my temples.

"Do you have a headache, love?"

"Yeah. I'll be alright though."

"Maybe we should head back to your house and you can take a rest. Besides movies may be too much for you... " His whispered, pulling his eyebrows together, his face full of concern.

"Well we're closer to your house and plus, buddy, I want my food!"

"Okay my sweet, lovely little piglet." Jude chucked, dodging my attack of elbow-in-the-ribs-nudging.

"Not cool, Falen. Not." Jude smiled, as we walked up his driveway.

His house was yellow, wide with a front deck and expensive windows.

Jude's room was the smallest, yet totally the absolute coolest in the whole house.

Inside was a sparkly clean floor, a big screen T.V and many statues and values to his rich family.

He took my hand, as he did often, and we traveled through the winding stairway where most would have gotten lost.

We came to a dead end, or so it looked, and I smiled. This was my favorite part.

"Coming love. Can you make it?"Jude asked, wrapping an arm around my waist.

"Well I think I might need a bit of help, thanks."

We looked up to see a big square that had a little curtain over it, that was almost five feet off the ground.

I stepped on his hands and he helped me crawl into it, then boosted himself up. Inside was a huge room, that was cluttered like most teenage boy's rooms-yet not dirty.

His T.V was of his own payment, as was his laptop that set on his desk beside piles of papers. There was no windows, unless you count the little piece of glass high by the ceiling where you could see no more then dust. His room was painted a deep purple, with random drawings and quotes on his walls. They, and his poetry and art book, were his diary.

The ceiling was no more then 5 foot ten off the black carpeted floor, and we both had to watch where we went.

We both fell onto his mattress, that held no frame, that was covered in a black sheet and a cottony comforter that comforted my nightmares as a child of third grade.

"Ah. I love your room you lovely pansy."

---

"How are they so skinny?" I wondered aloud, throwing a Doritos at the T.V, then looking down at my thighs. "Maybe I should lay off the junk."

"Don't compare yourself to the girls on Americas Top model. They starve themselves to walk down a runway and take pictures. Your 10 times more beautiful then any of those girls."

I looked over to him, his face frustrated.

"Plus there's really nothing to them. They can barley fill out a training bra."

"Pansy's got spike!" Putting my hand up for a high five.

"Yes. But rarely for evil love." Raising his hand return the high five. But I pulled away and flopped on the bed.

"Rejected!!!" I laughed, watching his shocked face.

"Not if I can help it! Surrender now!" He cried, diving in and tickling my sides and neck, that made me scream and kick.

"May I have that high five now?" He smiled, pausing.

"Never!" I screamed.

Tears start rolling down the sides of my eyes from laughing so hard.

That made him really tickle me. Which made me kick harder and scream louder. Then I kneed his in the ribs, and he fell backwards and he let out a big moan.

"Dear lord!" He groaned, holding onto his side, his face pained.

"Omg I'm so sorry!"

"You are extremely accident prone today!" He said rolling over on his back and taking quick breaths.

"Are you okay!" I said, starting to hyperventilate again. I start flapping my hands in front of my face.

"I'm so sorry!"

Propping him self up on his dresser, he reached in my sweater pocket and handed me my inhaler and I took a few puffs.

"I'm alright, darling." He sighed, sitting beside me. "You have to relax, love. You shouldn't take a seizure every time I fall on my derriere. I'm fine, it's not as bad as when you fell this morning. I might have broken a few bones, that's all."

"A few bones!?" I screamed, my eyes widening.

"Haha! I'm just joking, babe. Calm down, calm down. It's just a bruise.

I slit my eyes at him suspiciously. "Promise your alright?"

"Promise." He puts his hand on my shoulder. "Are you alright?"

I nodded, leaning on him.

"God, I'm tired." I yawned, my eyes drooping.

"Then go to sleep?"
 
"I don't want to go to sleep." I sighed, "Can't we lay down and watch a movie?"

"Of course my love. Anything that you wish. Scoot over."

I moved over crawling under his fluffy black blanket, holding it open for him.

He slid in easily, wrapping and arm under my neck so I could lay against him.

"There, I already have in your favorite, my darling. Across The Universe. Here is your snacks." He handed me over my treats and held up a clicker, pressing play. "Hey. Hey, hey." He said nudging me.

"Hm?"

"I'd go Across The Universe for you!" He laughed, kissing my hair.

"Your such a cheese ball!"

"Thank you."