Status: Should I stay or should I go now

Friendship Is Funny

Party Crashing

"That's one of my favorite songs, you know." A small smirk formed on his face.
"Huh?" She asked as if she just realized he had said something.
"Light; the song we were dancing to." He looked at her with confusion.
"Right. That's one of my favorite songs, too." Suddenly, her eyes widened, "Wait, you're Wayne? Like the name on the building?"
He let out a wholehearted laughed, "Yep, that's me."
She blushed madly, "Sorry...I didn't know".
He grinned, "That's all right. So you're entirely new to Gotham?"
"Yeah."
"Can I take you out to lunch tomorrow? I could show you around."
"Umm," Thinking for a moment, she replied, "Sure."
"Great!" He quickly glanced at the crowd of masqueraders as though something had caught his attention. "Wait here. I'll go write down my phone number so you can call me. I'll be right back." He waved at her as he departed.

Hope let out a loud sigh, relieved that the awkward situation was over with. Why had she accepted his lunch invitation? Was it because he's apparently a very popular figure? Or maybe it was because she knew it could potentially be dangerous. Perhaps too dangerous. She smacked her forehead with the palm of her hand, "I really need to start thinking things through."

"POP! POP!" Hope immediately jerked her head in the direction of the disturbingly familiar sound. Shrieks sounded from the crowd as armed masqueraders shoved through them, knocking a few trembling fat cats to the ground.

"Everyone, shut up!" One of the gunned men roared, "You move, you die." The turbulent ocean of humans instantly became still.

"No way." Hope breathed in amazement as she scanned the crowd taking everything in. Then, she saw him; the quiet man that's been keeping an eye on her since the incident in the elevator. He remained against the wall where she had last seen him, as if oblivious to the uproar. She thought he was looking at her but now she wasn't entirely sure. "Ugh, if only that stupid mask didn't cover his whole face!" She thought angrily.

He stirred. Her eyes widened as she watched him finally leave his spot and saunter to the middle of the bright room. He casually passed by the armed, masked men who had their guns pointed in random directions. She studied their weapons. They seemed to be some kind of semi-automatic AK-47s. Her mouth tightened and her eyes narrowed.

"Wonderful evening, everyone!" The quiet man had broken his silence.
"So he can talk?" Hope smirked at her thought but her face remained tense.
"I love parties. Don't you?" His voice was menacing yet, somehow cheerful. She pictured him grinning wildly under his mask. Though, she doubted he was a pleasant person.

He strutted around the room as he spoke, occasionally grabbing or hitting someone for the sake of intimidation. His body language seemed very relaxed like he's done this sort of thing a hundred times before.

"Now," He twisted left and right, looking around the entire room, "I need a volunteer. And I think I know just who!" He jerked his body in Hope's direction. Her eyes widened and she drew in a sharp breath.
♠ ♠ ♠
x.x Sorry this took so long. I got busy with other things. Any help or suggestions with grammer or anything else is greatly appreciated.