‹ Prequel: Save Your Heart

Stand

Currents Convulsive

“I’m going to go out for a bit.” Jude said as he put on his jacket and smiled. I finished tucking Zane and Andy into bed as I turned around and looked at Jude.
“Have fun.” I said to him as I grabbed the cups off of the dressers.
“I’m going on a date, so of course.” He said with a smile as he began to walk down stairs. I slowly walked down stairs and looked at him smiling.
“Just make sure you are in at a decent hour so you don’t wake up the boys.” I said to him as he smiled. He quickly bent over and kissed the top of my head before walking out of the door. I walked over to the door by the staircase and opened it up. It wasn’t exactly a room, but it was big enough for a bed at the end where it turned and a dresser by the door. I began to remove the boxes when the phone rang.
“Hello?” I answered.
“Open your front door.” Said the voice of Nat. I walked over and opened the door to see Nat’s bright blue eyes and a huge smile facing me.
“NAT!” I screeched as I wrapped my arms around her. “What are you doing here?”
“I was in town and decided to stop by.” She said with a smile as she walked inside.
“Well I’m glad you’re here, I was just going through my college boxes.” I said with a smile as we walked over to the boxes and began to unpack.
“Oh my!” She said as she handed me a picture of her, myself and Adam standing on the beach with ice cream. I laughed at the picture before I looked at her.
“I remember that day. It was so cold but we were so determined to go out and get ice cream at the beach in our bathing suites and sandals. I think it must have been fifty degrees outside.” I said as I put the picture to the side.
“Look at this one.” She said as she handed me another picture. “I remember this one perfectly. It’s when you, Stephanie and I all ran down New York with nothing but booty shorts and tank tops on in December.”
“Oh wow, we were so weird back then.” I said as I set the picture aside.
“Oh.” Nat said looking at another picture.
“What is it?” I asked as she handed me the picture cautiously. I looked at the photo of Nick, Nat, Garret and myself at Disneyland. We were standing in front of the castle, and Nick and Nat were smiling like dorks. I went to go smile but Garret had pulled me into a kiss and surprised me.
“I know it’s hard on you.” Nat said as she looked at me with sympathy growing in her eyes.
“It’s fine. I have my little Zane and I’m perfectly fine. Oh how are you and Nick?” I asked her as she pulled out old posters and school flags from the boxes.
“We’re good. I was actually coming to tell you, the reason I am out here is because I’m house hunting. We are going to move here.” She said as she loaded the flags and everything into just one box.
“Will you take those upstairs and put that in my closet while I grab something.” I said as she carried the box upstairs. I went into the garage and grabbed a small bed we had and a dresser and brought them inside.
“Let me help you.” Nat said as she helped me grab the bed. We quickly got them in the room and then brought in the dresser. I smiled at her as I walked upstairs and quickly grabbed some bed sheets and made his bed, and brought his bags into his room.
“There we go.” I said as I looked around. I finished putting a picture of Jude and myself(from my high school days) in a frame.
“Who is staying here?” Nat asked curious, seeing as I still hadn’t told her or shown her the picture. I placed the picture upon the dresser and Nat’s eyes grew wide. “You’ve got to be kidding me?”
“No, I’m not. Jude is staying with me for a little bit.” I told her.
“You aren’t getting back together are you?” She asked.
“No.” I said with a giggle. “Besides, my heart still belongs to another.” I said looking up.