Status: Updates Are Irregular

Suffering Alone In Silence

Smiling Hides Pain

Gerard’s POV

Oh Shit.

That was all that ran through my head when I left Frank this morning. I think I am falling for him, but it can’t happen. He is vulnerable and I can’t abuse his trust in me. Oh Shit.
I walk down the corridor to the doctor’s office. I shift my folders and books to my left arm and knock on the door with my right hand.

“Come in.” I hear Dr Masters’ reply.

I turn the door and poke my head in. Dr Masters looks up and smiles at me.

“What can I do for you Gerard?” He asks, motioning for me to enter and sit at his desk.

“I was wondering if I could ask you a few questions about Frank.” I query.

“Sure, go ahead.” He replies, leaning back in his chair.

“Okay, is he on a new medication?” I ask.

“No, just the same old anti-depressants, anti-psychotics, and sleeping pills. Why is that?” He asks.

Well, when I visited him he was unusually calm. I have never seen him smile the way he did today. It almost seems as if he has magically healed the emotional wounds himself. It was a little concerning to say the least, I was wondering if you could shed any light on this.”

He sits there and thinks for a few moments.

“I am baffled as well. Let’s go get him and I’ll give him a check up. It could be temporary, a mild amnesia effect, if you will.” He replied, getting up and heading for the door.

I got up and followed Dr Masters out of his office and down the ward to Frank’s room.

“Would you go in and let him know that I would like to give him a check up. I’ll meet you in the exam room.” Doc asks.

“Sure,” I reply, going into Franks room after knocking, while doc makes his way to the exam room.

“Hey Gee, you’re back?” He asks with a confused but happy smile.

“Yep, sure am. I want you to do something for me though.” I say.

“Okay, what is it?” He asks, still smiling.

It was starting to really unnerve me how he went from breakdown to uber happy.

“Doc wants to give you a check up. Can you come with me to the exam room?” I ask him.

“Okay,” He replies simply.

He gets out of bed and slips on some shoes, before starting to walk towards the door.

“Coming?” He asks me, with a smile still stuck to his pretty face.

I shake my head and follow him out of his room and down to the exam room at the end of the corridor.

We enter the room after knocking and Dr Masters greets Frank with a smile.

“Hello there Frank, how are you today?” He asks.

“I’m good thanks.” Frank replies.

I watch for any signs of panic or stress as Doc starts the exam. Frank gets weighed and his height recorded, then is asked to sit on the bed. Doc asks him to open his mouth, check’s his ears, and shines a light in frank’s eyes, checking for responses. Doc asks him different questions and he responds happily. It was strange indeed, how Frank acted.

“Alright Frank, all done. Can you just wait outside for a moment? I just want to talk to Gerard for a moment.” He smiles. Putting a lolly in his hand and walking him to the door.

Frank looks to me, and fear flashes across his feature for a millisecond.

“1 minute Frankie.” I smile, trying to reassure him.

He nods and walks out the door and sits down against the opposite wall.Doc closes the door again.

“Well?” I ask, hopefully.

“I can’t find anything wrong with him. The only thing I was confused about was his pupil dilation. They didn’t dilate enough. I could put that down to his medication though. It tends to do that to a lot of patients.” He pauses.

“I recommend just monitoring him closely. I can organise a bed up in High Care for the next couple of days.”

I think about it for a few moments.

“Okay, that might be good. It just has me so baffled. Do you think you could put me in touch with a more experienced psychologist?” I asked.

“Sure, I’ll get a lady named Mel to meet you up in High Care. Give me an hour.” He says, going over to the door. We walk out and Frank stands up from the floor.

“How about we go have some lunch Frankie?” I ask.

“Okay.” He smiles.

Doc and I glance at each other and I am pretty sure we’re thinking the same thing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dedicated To: Poisonedpills.

Thanx for the praise. This is for you.

To the rest of you thanx for the comments, those who commented. and thanks for staying with me I know its slow.

comments are the sex

Ciao
Jessimickah