Status: Updates Are Irregular

Suffering Alone In Silence

And It's Driving Me Crazy It Seems

A group of doctors just informed me that Frank is being moved to the Psychiatric Care Unit and will be treated for anorexia, bi-polar, depression and psychosis. His parents were called and gave permission for him to be put in the loony bin. What kind of parents are they? Allowing their kid to rot in a mental institution.

I don't want Frank to get hurt, he couldn't. With the people there with him, it could possibly make him worse. No, I want to be able to help him.

“Doctor, would I be able to treat Frank?” I asked the doctor who had told me about it.

“What do you mean 'treat'?” He questioned doubtfully.

“I'm a counselor at his school, I've been working with him and now he's here. I'd like to help him out in any way I can,” I reasoned.

“Really? We are understaffed... If his parents consent to it, then sure.”

Suddenly, an alarm went off above our heads and the doctor excused himself. He walked into a room in the corridor in front of where we had been speaking. A nurse rushed into the room minutes after and soon the alarm stopped.

After this, the doctor told me that Frank had woken and panicked, then started beating himself against the gurney. They called the nurse who gave him a weak sedative. Dr Master also told me that Frank's parents said they don't care what happens to Frank as long as he gets better, so I'd be working with him. The nurse gave me a small black box, I had no idea what it did.

“What is this?” I asked Dr Master.

“It's a pager, if we need you, we'll page you, so you'll be able to get here as fast as you can. Go home, get some sleep, we'll page you when Frank's ready,” he yawned. I was quite tired, I could do with some sleep.

I looked back at the hospital as I walked to the bus stop. Frank has to be okay, Mikey will be distraught if he's not. The bus stopped in front of me and I hopped onto it and paid the driver. It started up as I sat down in the only empty seat, next to an old woman.

She turned to me, “What were you doing at the hospital? You look pretty healthy to me, lad,” poking me harshly in the chest.

“I'm a doctor, miss,” I stated, to her suprise.

“Of what? You're barely legal,” She squinted at me, peering out through her owl glasses.

“Psychology, and I am not yet legal, miss.”

“Call me Maude,” She grinned, “Did I scare you?”

Oh, so she wasn't an evil old lady who thought I couldn't be a doctor. “Uh, yeah, a bit. You can call me Gerard.”

The bus pulled up at the end of my street and I turned to say goodbye to Maude, my new friend. “This is my stop, I hope to see you again.”

“Bye deary,” She smiled and waved when the bus started after I got off.

I walked back to my house in the dark, in Jersey. I wasn't scared. Well not much. Nothing happens in my neighborhood. Not often, at least. I sighed in relief as I walked up the stairs to my house, with it's brightly lit windows and warm feelings. Now, to tell Mikey about Frank.
♠ ♠ ♠
They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We will remember them.