‹ Prequel: Wicked End Academy
Status: Getting there..

Escape From Wicked End Academy

Being Alone With Brian Is SO Tempting (To Say The Least)

I look at everyone, waiting for someone to say something. Brian keeps casting glances in my direction, thinking I'll be the one to break the silence.

"What happens now that they already know," Jimmy asks, sounding a little freaked. Matt sighs and crosses his arms over his chest.

"Run. We'll find a place somewhere deep in the city to hide out for a while until they give up. They think we'll try crossing the California border, but instead we'll stay here." I shove my hands in the big hoody pocket and crack my knuckles. Brian gives me a look.

"Are you sure that will work," Zack asks, sounding unsure. Matt nods.

"I've been planning this since we got here. Now's the time to do it." We all start walking again and Matt leads. Zacky runs up to walk beside him as Brian stays back to walk with me.

"Don't do that again," he whispers.

"What are you talking about," I whisper back. He glances down at my hands.

"The knuckle-cracking. You do that when you get nervous." I look down so I don't trip on any twigs.

"How long have you known that?" He bites his lip.

"Since you came here." I nod and let out a shaky breath.

"I know you're nervous, but-"

"It's not that, Brian." His expression turns confused. "I'm cold." He smiles as he puts his arm around me and rubs my arm to keep me warm. No one says anything else until Matt stops unexpectedly.

"Do you guys hear that," he breathes. None of us move as we all hear dogs barking and tree limbs crunching under people's feet. Matt's face immediately turns panicked. He turns to his left and starts running, so we all follow. I run just as fast with Brian at my side, but it's too dark to keep up with Matt. I stop and look at Brian.

"I don't know where he went," I say, trying to catch my breath. Brian swallows.

"Me neither," he says quietly. He looks around as the sound of barking resumes. He reaches in the hoody pocket and pulls my hand out, holding on to it as he runs. We find a tree with a canopy type thing hanging over it so he sits under it.

"Are you sure we're safe here," I whisper. He nods, pulling out his cell phone just as the sky lets out a rumble.

"Matt told me to bring my phone in case of an emergency, but to keep it off until then." He gives me his crooked grin. "I think we're in a bit of an emergency." I smile as he presses and holds the number 2. It automatically dials Matt's number.

"Who's your number one speed dial?" He gives me a sincere look.

"You." He looks away, off into the distance as I hear Matt's phone ring on the other line. He answers on the last ring.

"We lost you guys," he says breathlessly. "And it's stormin' so we can't try looking for you."

"I know, man," Brian replies. "But we found a safe spot, we'll stay here for the night and I'll call you in the morning."

"All right, talk to you then, but let me talk to Charlotte real quick." Brian hands me the phone and looks down at his lap. I put it to my ear.

"Hey, Matt," I say, my voice higher than usual. Brian tries fighting a smile.

"Hey, hun, we can't talk right now, but I just wanted to tell you I love you and I'll see you in the morning." I smile.

"I love you, too, Matt."

"Bye, baby." I see Brian cringe out of the corner of my eye.

"Bye." I hang up and hand the phone back to Brian. He turns it off and stuffs it in his pocket as he turns to look at me.

"So why'd your voice get all high when I first handed you the phone," he asks. I shrug. He stares at me for a few seconds before leaning forward and softly kissing me. His arm wraps itself around my waist and he pulls me against his chest. After a few seconds I pull away.

"Brian, I'm dating Matt," I say, not sure how I feel. He nods, but doesn't let go.

"I know."

"Then why-"

"I couldn't help it, Char," he murmurs, resting his forehead against mine and holding my gaze. "I hate knowing you chose him over me. I mean, I tried accepting it, but I just couldn't. And now that I'm alone with you-" I cut him off and kiss him. He returns it as he slowly crawls on top of me and straddles my hips. He breaks the kiss after a minute into it.

"Do you want to," he asks quietly. I take a deep breath and nod. "Are you sure?" I smile and start kissing him again, feeling him grin under my lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh shizz! XD
Comment!
<3 - Katelyn