‹ Prequel: Wicked End Academy
Status: Getting there..

Escape From Wicked End Academy

I Can NOT Believe Him!

I sit with Brian in silence for about an hour. I know he's gonna let me be the first to talk. That's how he is. His cell starts ringing and he looks at me. I look down.

"Hello," he asks after pressing the "accept" button.

"Where are you guys," Matt asks, sounding a little out of breath.

"We're walking somewhere east, we heard the dogs"-he glances at me-"so we had to keep going."

"Did you guys get any sleep?"

"Yeah, but we been up for a couple hours. Do you just wanna meet at the Get Going Minimart in LA?"

"Yeah, how's 5ish?"

"That's good, see ya then. Stay safe."

"Same to you two. And Brian?" Brian's eyes lock on mine.

"Yeah?"

"Keep your hands off my girl." If it wasn't for Matt's joking tone, we both would've thought he was being completely serious. Brian chuckles.

"Will do, man. Bye." He hangs up and hands me the phone.

"Why are you giving it to me," I ask quietly.

"I might end up throwing it." I take it from him and turn it off. We sit in more silence until he takes a shaky, deep breath. "Are we gonna forget about what happened or should we do something about it?" My eyebrows furrow.

"What?"

"Are you gonna stay with Matt even though you cheated on him with his best friend?" brian watches me while I think about what he's saying. I catch on to his hidden meaning.

"I'm not going to break up with him just so I can go out with you, Brian. I can't do that to him. Neither can you." He stares at me for a few seconds and then looks down.

"I know, but Char..."

"What?" He looks back up to meet my gaze.

"You know I love you-"

"Brian, don't do this-"

"And I know that, at one time, you loved me, too. The way you used to look at me made it so obvious..." I hang my head in my hands out of frustration.

"Brian, please," I say in a whiny tone. "Just stop."

"No, Charlotte," he says, raising his voice just a bit. "I'm not gonna stop. I know how Matt feels about you, and I know you two have been together for over a year but I fucking love you, and nothing will ever change that."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment :)
<3 - Katelyn