I Love Clouds.

Hey Jude.

What's wrong with you? She's your best friend. You can't think of her like that because she doesn't think of you like that. Snap out of it! And all this weed isn't helping your train of thought.

"Shut up, you useless excuse of a brain." I mumbled, staring at nothing as I pulled the joint from between my lips, lost in thought. I sighed in defeat, blowing out smoke, at the hopelessness of the situation. It isn't fair. Love isn't supposed to be unrequited.

"Fuck!" I screamed throwing the snow globe Emma had bought for me the previous Christmas, frowning as it cracked. At least it didn't smash.

I groaned in irritation "I thought I told you to shut up." I mean, it would be a terrible shame if the present yourfriend had gotten you for Christmas out offriendship were to break.

"I wonder if normal people have a psychotic bigot talking to them in their heads." You got that insult from 'Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas'!

"So what? It stills applies with yo-" I stopped talking as I heard a knock on the door. Oh shit. Hide the weed!

"Uh, just a minute!" I called, frantically trying to dispose of the evidence of my so called 'drug addiction' as my mother had put it once.

"Relax, it's just me." I sighed in relief, letting out an 'Oh' and went to open the door. "Nice to see you dressed up for once." She said looking at me. I looked down and realised I was still only in my boxers.

"Haha," I replied sarcastically as I quickly changed into a pair of jeans.

"Were you talking to someone? Do you have someone in here?" She asked me once we were both comfortably seated on my bed. Tell her about me.

I told my brain to 'fuck off' in my head before telling something about being on the phone... Even if it was broken, but she didn't know that.

We started talking a bit as we lay on my messy, unmade bed. She didn't seem to mind it though. All of a sudden, she asked why I was so happy and I, being the idiot I just so happened to be, said "I love clouds! They're so fucking fluffy."

That was definitely the ganja speaking. I sighed before pointing over to my ash tray, giving her, her answer. We talked a bit more, Em being her old stupidly funny self and me, behaving like some sort of love sick puppy.

I watched as she got up and made her way over to my CD collection. Well it was more of a drawer with discs inside then a collection. God, even from behind she's beautiful.

I have to admit, you could do, and have, done a lot worst. I glared upwards for the sole reason that I couldn't physically glare at my forehead.

After fighting with her about the Britney Spears CD, she finally decided to put on some Beatles. You know what Beatles song reminds me of you? Hey Jude. That guy was too chicken and emo to get the girl he wanted too.

"You were the one who didn't want me to tell her how I feel!" I whispered, making sure Em didn't hear me talking to myself. Yes, but technically I am you so it's all your fault.

"That's not the kind of music to get stoned to," I said when she told me she had put on the Beatles "I should know, I am the expert in this subject."

"Indeed you are." She paused before continuing "Anyway, what do you mean 'it's not the kind of music to get stoned to'? Have you not listened to 'Strawberry Fields Forever'? There's no way they were sober writing that."

I shook my head "I don't mean the lyrics." We started arguing again, well not really arguing, just sort of teasing each other, when she started to laugh at me.

"Oh, you think that's funny?" I asked before tackling her and pinning her to the bed.

"Alex!" She was still laughing like crazy. I guess the pot didn't only effect me.

"Emma!" I decided to tease her, mimicking her high-pitched voice. Tell her how you feel. I immediately stopped playing around. Em must have noticed my sudden change of mood because she whispered my name.

"Emma." I whispered back before leaning in and kissing her. I rapped my arms around her waist and pulled her closer when she kissed back, rapping her arms around my neck. I pulled away getting more and more nervous with each second that past as I thought about what I was about to tell her.

"Hey Jude, don't be afraid.
You were made to go out and get her.
The minute you let her under your skin,
Then you begin to make it better."


"I love you." I watched in anticipation and worry, feeling my heartbeat accelerate as she thought about what I had just said. My muscles relaxed and my heart beat calmed down when she smiled up at me.

"I know. And I love you too."