Sequel: Angel Needed

Hero Needed

Bad News

Ashton’s POV

I hate jocks. They piss me off. Just because I am gay does not mean they can pick on me. I cant take this!

And Valex…He just sat there as if he was clueless. Yeah, right. I doubted that he was. I mean, we were best friends for 16 years! Surely he knew I was gay since…forever!

I looked for Reilly after school but she wasn’t anywhere. I only remembered that she was going over to Valex’s house after the buss left.

Great. There goes my ride home!

I debated calling Reilly, who had a Jeep convertible, but decided against it. Why would I want to ruin her time with Valex?

So I sat down on the curb of the street, waiting for the late bus to come. All the while, I was thinking about everything that happened in the past year.

First of all, Valexander had stopped being my friend. That made no sense to me. He disappears for the summer then forgets that I am his best friend. Now he is always with Reilly and patronizes me.

Second, my parents have given up on Reilly. She tried to commit suicide three times already. I stopped her before she could do anything with the knife. They don’t want anything to do with her, now.

And third, I might be moving to Canada to live with my friend, Mortricia. The plan was to send Reilly there so that she can get over her grief. But if she goes, I go. See how that works?

The bus pulled up in front of me. I flashed my ID and took a seat next to a girl listening to music. I pulled my own iPod out and turned the track to American Idiot by Green Day.

I could listen to Green Day all the time! Billie Joe Armstrong was so freaking hot! Have you seen him? A voice plus a face! Who could ask for more!

The phone rang when I opened the door. I picked it up and cradled it with my shoulder while I set my bag down.

“Hello?”

“ASH! It’s Valexander!”

That was a surprise. Why was he calling?

“Hey,Valex, what do you want?”

“Come to the hospital! Reilly jumped!!”