Sequel: Angel Needed

Hero Needed

One Hour Ago

Valexander's POV

"Wow,we are so high up," Reilly exclaimed, staring out the window of my apartment. We were thirtten stories up, high enough for us to see the beach. I offered her a Monster, but she declined, saying that she woul rather drink water. "Does it ever get lonely?"

I took a sip from the can, taking time to think about that question. "No," I answered honestly. I think I was more lonely when I was living with my parents. But i didn't tell her that. Reilly loved to talk. I , on the other hand, wasn't as open about my feelings.

Reilly sat down on the leather couch, cradling the glass of water between her thighs. She suddent looked as if she was going to cry. I sat next to her, waiting for her to say something. When she didn't, I asked whether she was still upset about Shyler. She shook her head. "No. I just...Never mind. it's not him, okay? Drop it."

I sighed and leaned back against the couch. She usually was an open book. When she wasn't joking around, something was defenately wrong. "Is there anything you want to talk about?"

This was how much I cared for those two. I wouldn't have asked if it had been anyone other than Reilly, or Ash, but we weren't really friends right now. That was something Reilly was trying to fix. I wasn't sure that was going to work out so well.

"No, i'm alright," she said, rubbing her forehead as if she had a headache.

I racked my brain for something that would cheer her up. And then it hit me. "Remeber last year when we went to Disney World last year?"

Reilly pushed her multi-colored hair from her face and smiled sweetly. "Yeah, of course."

"The people at the park sent me the camera we lost!"

"Lets see them then!"

I set the Monster can on the floor and raced for my bedroom, to where I had the camera. I rummaged through my closets until I found it. Satasfied, I walked back to the living room to find Reilly missing, and the balcony door open...

Dropping the camera, I stepped onto the balcony and glanced down. A crowd was gathering below. I couldn't really see much because of the trees, but I knew what had happened.

Cursing, I rushed out of the apartment and took the stairs four by four to the loby. I pulled out my cell and called Ash's while i ran. He answered on the third ring. "Hello?"

"Ash," I cried through the phone, no doubt hurting his ears." Its Valexander!"

"Hey,Valex. What do you want?'

I pushed through the gathering crowd, not caring who I hurt. An ambulance was already there and Reilly was being loaded into the back.

"Come to the hospital! Reilly jumped!"

"I'll be right there." And then he hung up.

I ran past the medical team to Reilly. She was resting on the stretcher, looking as if she was peacefully asleep. i knew better. Damn, how could this have happened. And why?
♠ ♠ ♠
Yikes. Some sadness here and coming up as well.