Sequel: Angel Needed

Hero Needed

Game Set and Match

Ashton's POV

Jezz, what was up with Valexander?

He was being such a bother. Wish he would go crawl into a hole and die.

No. I didn't. I'd die if that happened.

Oh, my gosh. I had to do my Romeo and Juliet project with him. What a disaster! It's going to be non stop "annoy Ash time." That seemed to be his favorite game.

What the hell was his problem anyways?

He turned all punk/emo and left me for a bunch of other kids. What was that about? I mean, come on!

His judgement must have been affected as well. He went out with that icky Heather. I thought he was better than that.

Guess I was wrong.

Right now I was in the tennis court behind our school, practicing my serve. Not that I needed it. I could beat nearly everyone blindfolded.

I raised the racket and got ready to hit the ball. I threw it up in the air and-

"HOLY JEBUZ!!!"

Valexander had come up behind me without making any noise. He was standing near the fence, watching me intensely.

"What do ya want," I hissed, wanting to shoot a neon ball at him.

Instead of answering, he took a lighter from his chain wallet and clicked it open and closed.

Did Valex smoke? I never saw him do it. But then again, we arent close anymore.

Click,click,click

My grip on the small ball tightened.

Jesus, if you exist, may you please strike Valex with lightening in the next minute.

I waited.

And waited.

And waited.

Nope,nothing.

Just like I thought.

"Say something," I commanded.

The silence was getting to me. Valex knew I hated the quiet.

Jerk.

I chewed on my lip. Valex used to say I was "nom nom nom-ing" on it.

I never fully understood him.

Valex frowned and shoved the lighter back into his pocket. He walked over to me.

I backed up until I hit the green fence. Valex kept coming.

I held the racket in front of me for protecting.

Valex was going to beat me up. Everyone did. Why should he be any different.

I waited for the punch, but it never came.

He leaned forward and stared into my eyes, trying to scare me.

I held his gaze. I loved his two colored eyes. They didn't scare me, Nothing about him did.

He played with his silver lip ring before saying "Ashton, stop nom nom nom-ing on your lip."

Valexander said it so normally. As if we were still in 9th grace. As if we were still friends.

We weren't and that comment got my blood boiling.

No one treated me like entertainment.

"I am so sick of you treating me like this," I screamed. "Make up your fucking mid already! Are we friends or not?! Until you do, leave me the hell alone! We do this project and then tell me your answer. Because I swear to you Valexander Belmont, I will explode. And it wont be pretty."

Valex just stood there, shocked at my out burst.

Shy boy my ass.

I stepped away from Valexander and walked away, not stopping to look back at Valexander.

Stupid Jerk.