Sequel: Angel Needed

Hero Needed

Fear Nothing But part 2

Benvolio's Point Of View

Where was Motricia?! She should have been here an hour ago! She said she wanted to find her own way around here, but shouldn’t she already be here. She was a smart girl. There was no doubt that she would have gotten here by now.

I stood up from the bench outside of the ice cream shop and headed towards home. The rain had stopped a little over twenty minutes ago. Water washed over my shoes with every step I took.

“Damn it,” I cursed. “I loved these damn converses!”

It was getting dark by the second. Night wasn’t the best time to be out. You never know what kind of creepy crawly men, or women, were hanging around. Hopefully, Ricia was at my apartment, watching movies.

It hurt that she blew me off, but I’d rather have it that way. If something where to happen to her, my life would be over. I can take some pain. I’m a man. I just couldn’t take the thought of her being in any danger.

I’d go to the end of the world for this girl. She was my world. I know we’ve only met about a month ago, but that’s how I felt. Ricia was too important. Everything in my world would shatter without her.

I pulled out my cell and dialed Ricia’s number. It ran once, twice, three times. “Hello. This is Mortricia Mador. I’m sorry but I am out right now. Please leave your name and number, if you would like for me to call back. If not, try again later!”

Only halfway home, the moon was already up. I glanced down Jefferson and saw the little ally way I used to use as a kid. It cut through to Geneses, where my apartment was. It was a long ally, so I was a bit worried.

Ricia is waiting for you…

The thought was enough to convince me. I had to get home soon. It was too tempting to go the short way and see her sooner. Far too tempting for me to resist.

I walked down the ally, excitement funding my courage. It was darker, with no street lamps to light the way. A bit spooky. Be a man, Benvolio. Be a man!

The sound of foot steps behind me made me cautious. I quickened my pace, wanting to get out of here as soon as possible. My hands balled into fists. It’s okay. It’s most likely some noisy cat.

Something hit a trash can. I let out a deep breath and went faster. Okay, that did not sound like a cat! It was human-like! Fuck, what the hell did I get myself into?!
I broke into a full out run. Whoever was behind me did too. I ran as fast as I could, pushing myself to the limit. I had to get out of here! There was no way I was going to die here!

Then the stupidest thing even happened. I tripped. On a brick. I fell face first into the dirty ground. My leg hit the pavement hard. I tried to get up, but couldn’t. My leg was most likely sprained or broken.

The man behind me was right above me now. He picked up the brick and held it up. I tried to crawl away, but he stomped his foot on my ankle. There was a snap. And then a cry of pain from me.

I watched as the man brought down the brick on my head. And then it was all black….
♠ ♠ ♠
It's Ben's story now. Next is Shyler's! And then back to where we left off.