Sequel: Angel Needed

Hero Needed

Now What?

Valex's Point Of View

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. FUCK!

Why did this have to happen? Why! Why did He have to come here! I thought I was finally free! It was all just an illusion. He was always there. Waiting. He wanted me to form strong bonds. It would make it more painful. God, why have you done this to me? Do you even exist! FUCK YOU IF YOU DO!

Ashton placed a hand on my shoulder and stared at me with hallow eyes. "Valex, we shouldn't stay here. Rex and Blair...they're at the house."

I nodded and took his hand. Together, we went in search of Reilly, who hand run out of the apartment. She was sitting on the fourth floor stairs, crying. I let go of Ash's hand and went to her.

"Reillies, hey, love, can you walk," I asked her. I wasn't going to ask her if she was OK. It was obvious that she wasn't.

She nodded but didn't say anything. She kept crying. I motioned for Ash to join us. "You take one side; I'll take the other."

"Sounds good."

We lifted Reilly and clumsily climbed down the rest of the stairs.It was hard as hell. Don't judge me until you've tried it. Very freaking hard.

We managed to get to the car without falling. Reilly was limp and easy to lay into the back seat. She made no sounds. Just curled up into a ball and cried.

I got into the driver's seat and Ash took the passenger side. Once he was buckled up, I started the car and backed out of the parking lot.

The road back to their house was deserted. I sped up a lot, earning a complain from Ash.

"Are you trying to kill us?"

"And what if I am," I asked, my anger levels dangerously high. I sped up even more.

"Then do it some other fucking time," he snapped.

I blinked. He yelled at me. He cursed. For the first time today. He had reached his breaking point. I slowed down to the speed limit.

"I'm sorry, Ash," I apologized. "I'm really worried. And pissed off. And it's all my fucking fault. Nothing would have happened if it weren't for me."

I wanted to stab myself. This was all too much. My fault. My fault. My fault. My fault. i should have just stayed away! But noooooo. I had to fit myself back into Ashton's life! Fuck, I should have just killed myself. Everything would be better.

Ashton slid lower in his seat. "No. It's not your fault. This could have still happened."

I smiled weakly at him. He was trying to make me feel better. It wouldn't work of course. But I appreciated the effort.

"Thanks, Ash. But I know what I have to do."