Sequel: Angel Needed

Hero Needed

I Mean It This Time

Valex’s Point Of View

I waited patiently for Ash to make his decision. Even thought I didn’t want to wait. I wanted him to be sure of whatever decision he makes. If he takes any longer, I’m going to call this off and send him back home.

Of course I’m going to send him home! Are you nuts?mental?insane? I am not going to let him come with me. No way in hell! Not even in heaven! I’m not risking his life any more than I have already. Just look at him. With his red and black hair, small skinny body, and big green eyes, he’s the poster boy for innocent!

Ugh! There it goes. Innocent. Meaning he’s a nun. No, not really. But it’s close. I mean, I doubt he’s ever had sex. I can see it in his eyes as he’s trying to decide what to do. Maybe he should wait. Do it at another moment with another guy; if I don’t survive. I know he said this always happened in horror movies, but it doesn’t have to happen for us. After all, this isn’t a movie.

But I wish it was. How simple it would be to just turn off the t.v. and walk away. I can’t walk away though. I’ve gotten my friends into this mess and I have to get them out. What would happen if I didn’t? They’d die, no doubt. And even then it wouldn’t be over. He’d try to find me again. And he’d hurt the new group of friends that I’d have.

Not that I was considering running. Of course I wouldn’t. Ben was a life saver and has been my friend for almost as long as Ashton has. Shyler was a pretty good guy, I’ve come to learn. He might have been a scared kid back then, but he’s turned into a brave man who can mend Reilly’s heart. Tricia, I don’t know so well, but I like her. What’s not to like? She has that morbid commentary on her side.

So this was the reason I wouldn’t leave. Everyone meant too much for me to leave.

Ashton mumbled something I couldn’t hear.

“What was that,” I asked.

He said it again but I still couldn’t hear it. Why was he speaking so quietly? You needed to be loud when you were rejecting someone.

“YES,” he said loudly. When I didn’t respond, his already red face got a shade darker and he turned away.

That seemed to be his habit. He’s turn away when he was feeling embarrassed. It was cute but frustrating. I wanted him to look at me when I…

Waitwaitwaitwaitwait. Did he just say yes? Holy jebuz, he did! Eew. I’m stealing his line. I never really got why he said that instead of god or jesus. Unless he didn’t believe in god. I didn’t but…How do I not know these things! Geez, Vlaexander! Aren’t you a great friend! Someone stab me with a spoon!

“Valex…are you OK?”

I turned my attention back at Ash, who had this worried expression on his face. I was willing to bet I was making faces again. Ash told me once that when ever I was thinking hard I made faces that show what I’m thinking about. I asked if I was really that easy to read. His only response was a smile. You can only imagine how far down the block I chased him.

“Yes, I am. I promise everything will be OK.”

“Just like you promised you wouldn’t leave me?”

His words shoved themselves past my skin and burrowed into my heart. I tried not to show how much he hurt me but it must not have worked. He was crying again. I couldn’t believe how much he cried. Then again, he cried once when I told him my pet turtle was going back to the pet store.

I leaned down and kissed away all of his tears. He calmed down a lot quicker than last time. I tickled him, making him laugh. That wonderful sound put a smile on my face.

"This time, I mean it when I say it will be OK. I'm not lying. You will make it through this. I promise on my life. I'll make sure of it myself. "

I'll never let anything happen to you, Ashton.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah I know it didn't happen. It will! Just not in this chapter!
I wrote this for dropdeaddanny!! for being amazing. He's male and he commented. Well, that and he licked a tree! Cheers for Danny!