Status: Important to keep in mind: Only updated when commented on.

Still Doll

This story has been entered into writing contest: Free For All- Enter Any Piece

"It's all but proper, Kanon!" The master scolded her.

"I apologize, master," she said.

"Oh, it's fine." He reached for her arm and pulled her to stand up. "What am I going to do with you?!"

She said nothing, staring at the window, letting the glamorous light inside. The master noticed where her gaze met, at the freedom on the other side of that window. He couldn't let her escape. No, not now! He thought to himself, frustrated. She's far too precious! Breaking apart the heart breaking gaze between her and the window, he pulled her by her arm, out of the room, and into his own. She followed, having no escape. He sat her down on his bed, walked to the door and locked it. Turning around to look at her, he said, "Kanon?" Her head rised up to meet his eyes. "You are unhappy."

"I want to make you happy," he told her, sounding sincere. His hands met hers in a cold unpresuming touch of fear for her. "When I saw you, I knew you had to be mine. A...doll as precious as-No, even more precious than gold itself. I'm going to make you my bride soon, I'm sure you'll be pleased then." He straightened up and turned for the door.

"Bride?" she repeated, almost in a whisper.

"Yes!" He smiled, eagerly, kneeling down before her and taking her hands. "Be my bride!"

"I-"

"It's not like it's your decision anyway," he reminded her. "You'll be my bride, Kanon, you better believe it." With that, he left the room, leaving Kanon behind, alone and confused. She wasn't sure if that was a bad thing or a good thing. Or even if a doll like her should even know if it's which.
  1. Dancing Doll
    "Is something wrong?" she asked her. "The master..." she began. "What?" "The master asked me to be his bride," she told her.
  2. A Maid's Betrayal
    Again, taking a chance of William's furious jealousy, he took her hand and slightly pressed his lips on the back of her palm.
  3. He Who Trusts
    "A doll?!" That was crossing the line to Alexander. He had heard more than enough to know what to do.
  4. A Ride of Freedom and a Confrontation
    Alexander stared at her for a few minutes before finally asking her, "Have you never ridden a carriage before?"
  5. Between an Order and Confusion
    His lips were all over hers, his hands were sliding down her back to untie her dress.
  6. Nightmares
    He sat down on the bed, beside her and said, "Kanon, do you know what nightmares are?"
  7. Lady of the House
    "Hello, pleased to meet your acquaintance, Madame Rodkin." Kanon curtsied, and smiled for her.
  8. Frightening Dreams
    For the first time, she could hear the light, with the soothing familiar voice of a man, give a low chuckle. [i]Can you not guess?[/i]
  9. Weeping Doll
    "Alexander!" she yelled, as she jumped up to put her arms around him. He stiffened. "Alexander!"
  10. Enchanting Doll
    “Business,” Henry repeated. “I'm here about that girl you brought in from the hands of that Johnson kid.”
  11. Hidden Feelings
    “Nothing. She fell asleep after reading the entire novel. Isn't she cute?” He smiled, and caressed her cheek with the back of his hand.
  12. Games and Secrets
    Her cheeks turned a deeper red, and she shook her head. He raised an eyebrow, and asked again. "Kanon, what's wrong?"
  13. Pleasant Dreams
    Rather circumspectly, the light approached her, placing itself in her hands. Kanon smiled and began telling it all sorts of things.
  14. Indeed Foolish
    “I’ve heard enough,” he told her. To Henry: “I want you out of my house by tomorrow, Henry. Do you understand?”
  15. Dancing Dreams, Dreaming Aristocrats
    “It was not a warning,” Alexander said tiredly, “so please, get it over with and leave. Go back to your treasures and your aunt, who spoils you so.”
  16. Apologies First
    And then Kanon saw what was in his pocket. There, her little nose moving quickly as she breathed, was Asriel.
  17. The Rabbit and the Chase
    He looked like a big mess, and his expression told her he knew this very well.
  18. An Old Visitor
    “Master!” the elder maidservant interrupted, grabbing Alexander’s sleeve and taking two breaths. “Master, we have a visitor!”
  19. Inevitable Departure
    “Please,” Alexander pleaded, hesitating for a small moment of deep breaths, before kneeling down and looking up at his aunt. “Don’t make her go."
  20. In Disagreement
    "I can't agree to that," he said. Though Kanon wasn't sure if he meant her words about Henry, or about letting her go.
  21. Impossible Hope
    Alexander was smiling. It was a wonderful smile, something new and fragile. Like he'd just discovered a great, terrific secret which held the salvation of the human race
  22. Gloomy Takeoff
    His eyes looked mad and reddened with what could have either been madness or tears. It could be both.
  23. The Girl From Her Memories
    She just needed to remember...who that girl was.