Status: Important to keep in mind: Only updated when commented on.

Still Doll

Dancing Doll

The maid couldn't believe her eyes, her mouth dropping open as soon as she saw her.

"What are you doing in the master's room, Kanon?!" Her nostrils flared.

Kanon looked up at the flaming mad maid and shook her head slowly, silently, no sound out of her mouth. The maid took a deep breath and looked at her, concerned. What's wrong with this child? she thought. Was she dropped mercilessly when she was an infant? She walked over to her cautiously and sat down beside her, focusing on her face.

"Is something wrong?" she asked her.

"The master..." she began.

"What?"

"The master asked me to be his bride," she told her.

She gasped in horror and sat up from the bed, looking at Kanon, confused. How could this happen?! she thought to herself. The master marrying her?! I would never allow that to happen...but what can I do? I can't convince himor her to drop the engagement, she has no choice but to obey. What should I do? What should I do?!

"Kanon, dear"-she had dificult with her words, nervousment flowing through her veins-"it would be better if you just did what he told you, okay? You can't do anything about it, sweetheart." I wouldn't be so sure about that. The maid was devious.

"I understand." She straightened up, went toward the door, and walked out.

"Oh, that despicable little brat!" she muttered, once she left. "There is no way I'm going to let her ruin the master's future, I will not allow it!"

Later on, in the evening, in the mansion's ball room was a celebration. All of the most important people were invited for a special occasion. The master, William, invited them all to announce his engagement with Kanon, which he had forced upon her. He was very pleased with himself, and it was time to introduce his future wife, so he called the maid and told her to bring down Kanon.
A few minutes later, as he looked up to the red carperted stairs, there was Kanon descending down the stairs.

She was in a pure white dress, wearing her small, japanese lolita hat, which was customed made. From William's eyes, she looked like a angel sent down from above, but that she doubted. Angels had freedom, while she had none. As soon as Kanon saw William staring at her, she shuddered and walked gingerly toward him. A big smile spread across his face as he put his arm around her waist.

"You look gorgeous, Kanon," he complimented her. "You're perfect."

She responded, "Thank you, master."

"None of that here, just address me as Sir William, alright?" He chuckled excitedly.

"Yes."

They walked around, greeting each and every important person they came across with. Though she never tried to smile once, she wasn't able to. That was why William did all of the talking, afraid they might think of her as peculiar or out of the ordinary. In fact, she was peculiar or out of the ordinary, since she was nothing more than a doll. Her whole past was gone, memories disappeared leaving behind only darkness, for the dark void they left inside of her. William knew why this was so, but he would never speak of it. He wanted her just the way she was. As he called it, stay as perfect as always. Empty...but beautiful.

"Ah, ladies and gentlemen," he began. "I have an announcement to make. Soon, I will get married and make Kanon, this ravishing girl here, my bride." Everyone as audience clapped their hands together, showing off bright and big smiles. They're not real, Kanon thought unconsciously. "Now, I will dance with my future bride." They cheered for him-yes, it was only him.

"Come." He extended his hand to her, and she placed her hands in his.

Then they danced. First, they danced across the room, an elegant waltz. Next, they danced a quickstep dance for entertainment, in honor of the guests. At last, they finished off dancing a beautiful tango, William's favorite, since it was the dance in which he could show off Kanon the best. She was excellent at dancing. The master, secretly, had taken time to teach her himself, and she learned rapidly. Her hair moved according to her movements, her legs moving in the beat of the music, and her arms intertwined with that of a man. Ah, he thought. Such a perfect dancing doll.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you like it.
I know I changed the plot and EVERYTHING(except the title and doll theme)
But it was important to do so. Isn't this one so much better though? ^-^