Status: Important to keep in mind: Only updated when commented on.

Still Doll

A Maid's Betrayal

After William and Kanon were finished dancing, they walked around once more before sending Kanon off to her chamber to sleep. William, not wanting to let his most prized possession out of his hands, makes sure there is always a servant watching over her, making sure she goes to bed at the time given, and never tries to escape. Kanon was like the winning prize, a doll, in a shack full of unnecessary toys. No one else existed but her. In a way, that was a curse.

They walked around, still having to greet every important person that came up to them, but suddenly one person out of those people, Kanon found curious. William and her stopped to meet a young handsome man, who appeared just as important as all the others. Then again, he seemed out of place. Like he didn't exactly belong there. He smiled when he saw them coming to greet him, and bowed slightly, introducing himself. "It is a pleasure to finally meet you, Sir William. I am Alexander Michaelis IV, son of Walton Michaelis." They both smiled, one quicker than the other, at the mention of the name Walton Michaelis. Alexander's father held a great business deal with the Johnson company which they both benefit from.

"Ah, Walton's son," he smiled, but for some reason, keeping Kanon even more closer to him. "I am terribly sorry for your father's death." As Kanon heard it, from her-as he called them-perfect ears, he didn't sound sorry.

"Yes, it was a great loss. I am inheriting his company and intend to take over, with the help of my uncle," Alexander said, still smiling.

"Oh, that's fantastic!" William said. "I wish you the best of luck." Again, she could have sworn she sensed something else hidden within those words.

"I appreciate it..." Alexander trailed off, as his eyes caught the still doll standing next to William, staring out the window. He stared for a moment, wondering why such a beautiful girl would look so trapped, as she looked at that window with wondrous eyes. The wondering almost made him want to break the window so she could have the wish he thought she had. Such an intense gaze couldn't exist for anything else than...desire. That wasn't completely right, though. "Is she your companion for the night?" he dared himself to ask.

William's eyes flickered to Kanon and back to Alexander, jealousy-yes, jealousy thumping within them. "I'd like you to meet my future bride. Kanon, this is Sir Alexander."

She did a quick graceful curtsy. "A pleasure."

Again, taking a chance of William's furious jealousy, he took her hand and slightly pressed his lips on the back of her palm. "The pleasure is all mine, and may I add, you're quite beautiful."

William cleared his throat, interrupting their short conversation and slowly took Kanon's hand, saying, "I apologize, but it is time for Kanon to get her rest. She has a big day ahead of her." He snapped his fingers, the magic sign, and there his two maids were, ready to take Kanon back.

"Yes, have sweet dreams, Kanon." His voice was sweet and gentle, but Kanon couldn't notice the extra effort to seem pleasant in front of her.

The maids then took her back to her bedroom, but something happened. One of the maids was actually Miranda. She had found Kanon on the master's bed, and was told by her that she was to get married to him. As infuriated as she was, there was nothing she could do at the moment. Now was her chance.

"You go back, the master's orders were simply to take her back to her room and secure her," she said to the other maid, Mary. "You've done enough, now go. I'll make sure she's secured."

Mary did as she was told and walked through the hall, disappearing around the corner. Miranda smiled wickedly, as the first step of her plan was done successfully. She shoved Kanon inside and pushed her onto her bed. Kanon was confused at why the maid was acting so barbaric all of the sudden. The maid then took off Kanon's shoes and snatched her Lolita hat quickly. Her things were thrown on the floor and as soon as her gaze diverted to the floor at her things, the maid grabbed Kanon by her hair and pulled her closer. "You listen here, and you listen good," she said. "I'm not going to let you ruin the master's good fortune just to get married to a filthy commoner like you!"

A few minutes later, Miranda was dragging Kanon by her hair all the way back to the back of the mansion, where it was empty and far apart from the celebration. It was perfect. As she got outside, first thing she did was throw Kanon on the floor viciously. Kanon yelped in a slight pain and sat up to look at her. "You're never coming back here, do you understand?" Suddenly, in her hand was a kitchen knife she must have taken to prepare for this.

Kanon's eyes grew wider and now she was holding herself, as if to keep herself together, but in reality all she was thinking was, I'm cold. She stood up and looked at the maid straight in her eyes. "I'm cold," she told her. The maid snorted and pointed the knife at her.

"Do you think I care? Get out of here, you filth!" she yelled, pointing at the gate behind them.

All Kanon did was walk closer, making the maid's temper shorter and even more dangerous. Kanon walked calmly pass her and headed inside. How dare she! Nothing more was said, but rather done. Without thinking, the maid, furious, went charging at Kanon from behind her and as she had brought the knife for, stabbed her right in her back.

Kanon screamed and dropped to the floor.

"I warned you!" Miranda laughed. "Now, to get you out of here." Miranda, thinking too quickly, began dragging her by her feet to the gate. Opening the gate, she thought she heard someone coming. Quickly, quickly! Right there and then, she dragged Kanon to the other side of the gate, closed it and ran back inside.
♠ ♠ ♠
♥♥Another one. For Parasite.
Sorry for the drawback on names.
I couldn't think of anything else.
I knew he was going to be named Alexander though ^-^
Comment and subscribe if you'd like!♥♥