Status: Important to keep in mind: Only updated when commented on.

Still Doll

A Ride of Freedom and a Confrontation

"You look gorgeous!" Alexander smiled, taking her hands in his and twirling her around.

Kanon had on a bright sleeve-less red dress, which fit her perfectly. Only this time, it was like it belonged. She herself had picked it, not a maid or her master, William. It was hers and hers alone. She placed her hands together over her chest and closed her eyes, in content, while Alexander looked at her curiously. She seems happy, I think, he thought to himself. As Kanon took a moment to open her eyes, she was startled to see Alexander, his face inches from hers. She took a step back quickly, looking at him cautiously.

"Relax!" He chuckled. "You just seemed happy for a moment there."

"Happy?"

"Well, we should go," he said.

"Go where-?" Before she could ask, her hand was within his grasp as he pulled her through the halls and down the stairs, to the living room. The maids halt to a stop, their eyes on the doll being pulled around by Alexander. Kanon, somehow, felt an uncomfortable feeling inside of her which she had never felt before. It's strange, she thought. Alexander stopped, and Kanon realized they were outside the mansion. She then had an immediate thought in her head.

"Are we going to my master?" she asked him.

Alexander turned to her and put his hands on her shoulders, looking straight into her eyes. "Yes. I want you to tell him what you want. Do you understand?"

"What I want?" Kanon said. "I want nothing."

"Oh, no. That isn't true. You do want something. Everyone does. You just have to know what it is, that's all," he told her, smiling.

Then, the carriage he had been waiting for stopped in front of them. A man walked to the carriage and opened the door for them to get inside. Kanon looked at Alexander, a bit slow on the situation. Alexander took her hand and smiled at her reassuringly. They walked together inside the carriage and rode off to their destination. As the carriage moved along the streets of the town, Kanon was looking out the window, her eyes filled with amazement. It was, she was sure. It was freedom. Alexander stared at her for a few minutes before finally asking her, "Have you never ridden a carriage before?"

She turned her head towards him, and looked down at her dress. "No. I don't have any memory of ever being outside until now. It is my first time."

His eyes suddenly were filled with sadness, as he could sense the deep void in her life. She needed more than what William supposedly was offering her, more like forcing upon her. More than just freedom, or memories. It was something else.

The carriage stopped, meaning it was time to confront what was ahead. When they got off, something unexpected happened. Suddenly, they were surrounded by men with weapons. Alexander held Kanon close to him protectively. There was William written all over this predicament. They were both forced inside the mansion, threatened to death by them. Alexander wasn't scared of death, much less coming from men like them. It was Kanon he was worried about. The men with weapons pushed them both inside a big, elegant room, they recognized as the ball room where the party was held. Confusion crossed their minds as to why they were brought there. As soon as they looked up to see the cause for their rude invitation, they knew why.

William ran down the steps towards Kanon, smiling. "Kanon! Oh, my darling! I missed you so much!"

He took her in his arms and spun her around several times. He sighed, looking at her face, which seemed to have changed. It was somehow unacceptable. With one move he slapped Kanon's face, making her fall onto the floor.

"Kanon!" screamed Alexander, charging at William.

"Hold him."

Two men held Alexander still from the sides. "Kanon! Tell him!" he yelled. "Tell him what you want!" William looked at Kanon angrily. Clearly, this was a problem to his success in having the perfect doll. He pulled her up by her arm, and stared into her eyes.

"What is he talking about, Kanon?" Kanon didn't respond.

"Make a choice, Kanon!" Alexander told her. "Choose your happiness!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it.
Pretty dramatic huh. ^-^
Comment & subscribe!
For Parasite~♥