Status: A brand new story that I'm starting, while I'm bored of writing my other story.

Mr. Blue Eyes

Fairytale

Katie

Everyone knew me as the quiet, intelligent, careful girl. The only thing is that the one person who truly knew me understood that I was a loud, typically smart, outgoing tragedy and he always accepted that.

How we met sounds like a fairytale and it was the most precious thing in what there was of my life. The first thing that set it up to be so magical, that I was a runaway princess from a school dance in a big, pink, sparkling gown. The second thing is that I was running around a town that I had never been in before, since our dance was held at some random hall two cities away from our actual school. I was lost as soon as I had escaped through the doors of that fancy building, but I kept running, curving and climbing my way through a difficult to follow path into unknown territory. The third thing is that he had been sitting on the ledge of a big, white, wooden bridge. The sight of him was breathtaking because the moonlight beamed down right where he was sitting and there was no one else in the world close enough to disturb us.

I ran until I was close enough to understand that he was about my age. Then, I started walking slowly toward him from behind until I was at the beginning of the wooden path. He heard my footsteps in the grass and looked down at me. My heart skipped a beat as I looked back into his eyes. We just stood in silence for a moment before he ran his hand through his gorgeous black hair and shrugged.

"Uh, hello." He smiled some corny smile that made my heart melt into a puddle inside of my chest, that swished in circles, along with the butterflies in my stomach as I took a few steps closer.

"Hi." I flashed my pearly white smile that I was so proud of. My mom had let me use some whitening strips in preperation for my big dance and it wasn't going to let it go to waste just because my night hadn't turned out the way I had planned. In fact, that had been better than any old dance with a jerk senior, who really was not as perfect as I had thought he was before that night.

"I'm, uh, Derek. In case you wanted to know." He flashed his radiant smile back to me and laughed.

My comfort around him softened so fast to the sound of his laughter, that I made my way quickly to his side, my dress swaying at my sides and the sparkles shining like tiny discoballs in the moonlight. "Thanks for letting me know. My name's Katie."

He sighed and looked me up and down. "Wow." He laughed again.

"What?" I smiled at him and tried looking deep into his eyes, but he shook his head and stared down into the water.

"What is this?" He looked back up at me.

"What is what?" I swayed my hips a bit and tried looking sweet.

"Oh I don't know. Maybe it could be the girl standing in front of me, at practically midnight, wearing a prom dress."

"Oh, that." I laughed. "I'm running away from my school dance."

His face turned a bit serious. "Why?"

I softened my own expression to give him some ensurance that I was alright. "Just your typical jerk trying to ruin my night, but I wasn't going to let him, so I ran out here to find you."

"You were looking for me?" He let a new smile stretch across his face.

"Oh you know what I mean. I just happened to have found you here." I bat my eyes at him.

"So, you weren't looking for me?"

"No, but I'm glad I've found you." I smiled and he looked surprised.

"Really? Why is that?"

"I actually don't know why. I just feel this comfort around you right now that's saving me from the horrible feeling I was just running here with." I wanted to smile, but I couldn't force the muscles to form it.

"Well, you can always stay with me and keep on feeling... comfortable." He extended his hand toward me and I slowly inched closer to him. He wrapped his arm around the back of my waist and balanced himself on the ledge, while using his other arm to pull me up onto the banister, next to him. I felt as if I were losing my balance and threw my hands up to his chest, grabbing onto him. As soon as I noticed, I let go and blushed.

He started laughing. "It's alright. I've got a hold of you." He moved closer to me and kept a tight grip on me with his arm behind my back. I turned my head to look at him, but quickly realized that the action would bring our faces much too close together. Although I wouldn't have minded being so close, I didn't want to send him the wrong message. I stiffly moved my head toward, then quickly away from his.

He laughed again and gently pushed his hand against my head until it was resting on his shoulder. He locked me in the position by leaning his head on top of mine. My heart fluttered, as I closed my eyes and settled into him. It was the most magical day of my entire life and I knew I would remember it until the day I died.

After that first night, we met each other every single day at the bridge. We would always balance ourselves onto the banister and hold each other close. We told ourselves, as well as each other, that we would never have to leave each other. Nothing would ever have to tear us apart. We had ourselves fully convinced that as long as we loved each other and we stayed close that we would never have to say goodbye. Too bad life just doesn't work that way. It never mattered how willing we both were to stay together forever, there had always been forces in the world that had the extreme power to take us away from each other and we both learned this in the most difficult way possible, but you know what? I never would have given up the memories made during my lifetime with him. Never.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this may seem short, but I haven't really figured out how long each chapter's going to end up as yet. So, I hope it was enough for you to want to read more. Also, keep in mind that the story may start out a bit different than the rest of story will take shape as. This is just the form I've decided to start it out as :) Thanks<3