Sequel: I'll Never Let You Go
Status: Fini :)

Something More

Whiny Baby

“Scarlet Rose Aura!!!!”

‘Oh joy,’ I thought as I walked down the stairs, ‘Nothing like getting yelled at by Alice.’ Another “family meeting” was taking place and I tried my damnest to stay out of them. But did I ever have any luck? Hell NO! Alice always drug me into them.

I walked into the living room where everyone usually sat for these things and sat on the arm of the couch as Carlisle continued talking.

“Thank you, Aura for joining us.” He commented. I just nodded my head. “So as I was saying, the newborns haven’t reached us yet…” I quit paying attention and focused on my power. What’s my power? I can control minds. Amazing, I know, but whatever. At the moment, I was trying to control Bella’s mind, but of course her stupid mind isn’t like a normal person’s, so I was just wasting time.

“AURA!” I shook my head quickly and turned to face Edward.

“What?” I asked, slightly pissed that he was dragging me into the situation again.

“Will you please pay attention, and quit trying to control Bella’s mind?”

“Would you prefer I control yours? Because I distinctly remember telling you guys that I wanted nothing to do with family meetings that I had no part in, in the first place.” I snapped. Emmett held back a laugh and Bella scratched her neck nervously. If looks could kill, I’d be dead, again. If that’s possible.

“How do you have no part of this?” Edward pried, “We’re doing this to keep Forks, and Bella safe.”

“Exactly. If you’d listen to people in the first place, we wouldn’t have this problem now would we? All you had to do was leave Bella at home for the night, but NO let’s take her to play baseball and have her chased clear to Phoenix! Oh and the best part, because you killed her mate, Victoria wants to kill Bella. In all actuality it is your fault.” Everyone looked at me as if I had just killed a human in front of the entire population of Forks.

“Scarlet, I think you should go back upstairs, or go let off some steam by hunting.” Alice commented. I rolled my eyes.

“Whatever, not my fault the little baby can’t defend herself,” I grumbled whilst walking out the door. ‘Stupid Edward, stupid Bella, stupid both of them for even thinking what was happening was my problem.’ I ran towards the river, jumped over it and ran about a mile or so from the house. Just sitting in the woods cleared my mind. I parked myself on a fallen tree trunk and sat ‘Indian style.’

Sitting here always gave me time to think, not that I didn’t have all the time in the world anyway. I just… felt at peace here. I didn’t have to worry about pissing everyone off, about getting in the way of the ‘couples.’ Yeah, I didn’t really fit with them. I was the odd ball. I didn’t have a ‘mate’ I didn’t even try to find one, what was the point?

“Scarlet?” Alice’s soft voice came from behind me, pulling me from my not so nice thoughts of Edward.

“What?” I snapped, turning my head to face her.

“I’m sorry you were drug into this all.” Her melodic voice carried from her spot a few feet away.

“It’s not your fault. I just hate it... how Edward expects me to think, ‘Oh yeah, she’s like family I think I’ll help’ No. Not happening. I may be a part of this family, but I refuse to help the whiny little baby my brother calls his ‘soul mate.’” I spat, mimicking Edward when necessary. Alice giggled but gave me a stern look.

“Scar, she’s not a whiny baby.” She said softly, “She just… I don’t know.”

“Exactly, she depends on Edward to survive. He left for what, six months and she acted as if the world had ended. She doesn’t deserve him! She should have stayed with Jacob and MOVED ON! She‘s nothing but a codependent, whiny, do nothing!” I yelled.

Alice sighed, “Well I know she’s going to be changed, so you can just forget about her leaving. Victoria and her army will be here soon. Get ready.” Alice turned on her heel and ran back to the house.

“Ugh! Stupid, mother fucking, no good, whiny ass brat!” I yelled before kicking a tree and knocking it over. “Shit.” I grumbled before running back to the house.

“Welcome back, Scar.” Rosalie said as she walked towards the garage to work on something.

“Yeah, whatever.” Did I mention people just irritate me half the time? Emmett was on the porch with Jasper, discussing battle plans. I rolled my eyes while walking up the stairs.

“Are you ever going to except her?” Jasper asked quietly, his southern accent slightly there. I stopped and looked at him, rather dumbfounded. I didn’t want to say ‘no’ but I really, really didn’t want to say yes.

“At the moment, I can’t tell you if I will or if I won’t. Only because I don’t know if I can.” Jasper nodded before turning back to Emmett. Emmett gave me a look, the same look he always gave me before we had a discussion. I nodded before going into the house and straight to my room. Peace and quiet, just what I wanted, too bad that got ruined once little miss ‘I depend on Edward to survive’ came knocking.

“Scarlet, can I come in?” She asked.

I rolled my eyes, “Come in.” I said in monotone, while sitting up to make room on my day bed.

“Look, I don’t know why you hate me so much…” she started but I quickly cut her off.

“Bella, no offense, but you just depend on Edward way too much. I hate that, you don’t deserve to have him. But I have to say, I’m glad he found someone. Listening to him complain was giving me a headache.” I grumbled. “So just don’t worry that pretty little head of yours off. I still have to go fight, only because I don’t want to see my family hurt. Not because I want to help you.” She nodded and slowly back out of my room. ‘Stupid human.’

*&^%^&*

I sat in my room for awhile, just laying here, eyes closed; slow steady breathing… not that I needed to breathe. I wanted to leave; I wanted to go far away, just to forget the rest of the world, to forget Edward and his stupid pet. Nothing worked though.

“Scarlet Rose Aura Cullen!” Emmett boomed from my door frame. I rolled my eyes and looked towards the door. “Are you going to sit up here all day and pout, or are you going to apologize?” I shrugged and Emmett rolled his eyes before sitting on my bed and leaning on his hand on the other side of me.

“Listen, I know you have anger issues-”

“Do not.” I snapped.

“See, you do too. You get too worked up about things. Baby girl, just keep the thoughts about Bella to yourself. She hates that you hate her. Please just be nice? And try not to get too irritated, please?” He asked softly. I nodded and sat up, well leaned on my elbow to be closer to Emmett.

“Emmett?” I asked softly.

“What baby girl?” He cocked his head to the side.

I looked down at my bed and back up to him. “Why do you call me baby girl?” My voice was hardly above a whisper.

Emmett chuckled. “You were 16 when you were changed; you’re the baby of us all. You’re like my little sister, if I didn’t call you baby girl, it’d mean I didn’t like you. And I love you. You're like my daughter, and I wouldn't have it any other way.” I smiled up at Emmett; he was great at making me happy.

“Really?”

“Really, baby girl.” He kissed my forehead and ruffled my hair before going back to Rosalie. I sighed and looked out the window; everything looked so perfect... like everything was in its place. It all seemed at ease, like everything was perfect, but I knew it wasn’t. I kept getting mad over the things I should be happy to do; I kept screwing everything up.

I finally decided that apologizing would be better than nothing after an hour of debating. So I got off my bed and headed towards Edward’s room.

“Scarlet?” Alice’s voice came from down the stairs.

“Yeah?” I called leaning over the banister a bit.

“You’re doing the right thing.” Alice smiled, and gave her small smile back. ‘At least someone thought so.’ I took the few steps that were between Edward’s room and me, very slowly. Edward’s door opened relieving a slightly pissed off Edward.

“What Aura?” He asked through clenched teeth.

I rolled my eyes. “First off, you can quit calling me Aura. Someone’d think that even after almost sixty years, you’d finally learn my first name.”

“Fine, what do you want, Scar-lit.” He gave me a sarcastic smile, which was very unlike him with me.

“Thank you. I’d like to say, I’m s-sorry.” The word was forced out of my mouth. “I shouldn’t have overreacted like that. Please forgive me.” I looked around his arm to see Bella standing a few feet away.

“I’m sorry about calling you a whiny, do nothing.” I looked back up at Edward and he was smiling, a small, satisfied smile.

“You are forgiven. I’m sorry you were drug into this.” I nodded my head.

“Don’t start.” I snapped. “I’ll see you later.” With that I turned on my heel and went back to my room. I laid back down on my bed, letting the day just pass me by.
♠ ♠ ♠
OH my gosh! here's the first chapter to my new story! :)
I'm pretty sure this one will be updated once a week... depends on if I have a slight block or not.

Well enjoy, please subscribe if you like it.. and please don't forget to comment. :)

Scarlet's Outfit
♥kaylynnjaeannxox

p.s. i just edited this...