Sequel: I'll Never Let You Go
Status: Fini :)

Something More

Cullen Crest

I rolled over unto my stomach and sighed. It was almost noon and I hadn't left my room yet. No one had come up to see how I was nor had they informed me on anything. I knew Edward had told them everything that happened, besides the fact that I heard him, nothing was a secret with this family.

I let out a long, aspirated sigh. Ryan was here, he had found me again but how? Carlisle was so sure that he wouldn't find me this time; that he would leave me alone if he was still with the Volturi. Though, we just can't keep ourselves away from danger anymore so I guess this was inevitable. Everything catches up with everyone...right?

"Scar?" Rosalie's soft voice pulled me from my thinking and I looked up at her. She was standing in my door frame, leaned against it, hands folded.

"Yeah?" I asked as I sat up on my bed and made room for her. Rose looked at me, puzzled for a second and then sighed.

"Scarlet, we really need to talk about this." She said in a firm voice. "You know that everyone here loves you, and that you can't keep anything from us. EVER. Carlisle may be your appointed dad, but Emmett, he loves you more than Carlisle ever could as a dad. He can't stand seeing you hurt and when Edward told him about Ryan he instantly wanted to kill him. We all know what happened, but you can't sit up here all the while while we figure out a plan." I nodded as Rosalie walked, her heels clicking, to my bed and sat down beside me. She took my hands in hers and looked me in the eye.

"I don't know exactly what you're going through. I got revenge, you didn't. You wouldn't...and that's the difference between us, Scar. I don't want you to think you have to go through this yourself. You have all of us who are willing to do anything for you; to go to the end of the Universe and back. You have to let us help. You have to tell us what you want." Her bright golden eyes bore into mine and I barely nodded my head.

"Scarlet, what do you want? What do you want to do? We can't exactly do anything to Ryan but we can keep you safe, we can relocate or something." Rose's word went in one ear and out the other. I had no idea what to do. I wanted to keep Zack safe; that I was sure of. I wanted to be with Zack and I wanted to have Ryan fall off the face of the Earth... but how in the hell do you do all of that if you can't have it all? I mean, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

"I-I don't know what to do. I mean, what can I do?" I asked, feeling as if I should crying. "Either way, he'll do something to Zack, I can feel it. I have no control over myself when he's near. It's like I'm human and helpless... I can't do it Rose."

Rosalie pulled me forward and into an embrace. I laid my head on her shoulder and shook my head.

"I don't want to deal with this." I whispered. "I don't know what to do. I can't leave Zack, he needs me. I can't leave."

"Shh." Rosalie cooed. "We'll figure this out." She reassured. "Hopefully." I heard her whisper.

*&%#%&*

Rosalie had left my room an hour or so ago and left me there to think again. I had decided that I had to tell Zack today, no matter how much I didn't want to. And I had to give him something very important. It took Bella months to get one...but I felt that Zack needed one now.

I got off my bed and headed to my closet, picking out an outfit of jeans, a tank and cardigan. Hurriedly, I got dressed and pulled on my converses, grabbing the wristband and my beanie off the night stand and ran downstairs. I stopped once I realized that Edward was standing by the door, arms crossed and a stern look on his face.

"You're sure about this?" He asked, a certain authority in his voice.

I gave Edward a look of sheer disbelief. "Yes, why wouldn't I be?" Edward shrugged a little and his stance calmed and eased into a relaxed pose. "Zack is everything to me. He's to me as Bella is to you. You know that." I said, glaring softly at him.

"I know." He said walking towards me. "I just want you to be sure before ANYTHING." I nodded and gave him a hug.

"Is Em around?" Edward nodded.

"Out on the steps."

"Thanks." I let go of Edward and walked outside, placing my beanie on.

Emmett was sitting on the steps, his head propped on his hand, his elbow on his knee. I walked over to him, taking a seat next to him.

"Edward talk to you?" I asked. He just shook his head. "Oh... well, I thought you should know that I'm giving Zack a crest." I spoke, rushed I might add.

Emmett nodded his head yet didn't look at me. "Whatever you have to do." His voice sounded different and it honestly made me mad that he nothing else to say.

"Emmett, your opinion matters the most to me. TELL me what you think." I demanded; yet he still just sat there. I knew better than to use my powers on him and I didn't want to ask Edward. I was left just staring at him; I did so for a good five minutes before he even looked at me.

Emmett's lips were in a straight line, not as tight as they usually were when he gave me this look... but like he was just thinking about anything and everything. "Scarlet, you're my little girl." He said plainly and straight forward. "If anything happened to you..." Emmett trailed off, looking down at the ground. His hands were clenched into fists and he had a look of prue disgust on his face.

"I hate that Ryan did that. That he can make you seem like a pathetic, helpless human with just his voice. I can't help you when it comes to him and ... it honestly scares the shit out of me." Emmett looked at me again, his eyes fulled with pure hatred and agony. "I don't want anything happening to my little girl."

"Emmett," I sighed, "It's o-"

Emmett cut me off. "Don't you ever say that him making you seem like a pathetic human is okay. Or that what he did was okay." He growled.

I shrunk back, flinching at Emmett's harshness. "Sorry, okay? I'm sorry that he does that to me with just his voice. I hate it. I can't stand it, but I can't control it. I've tried and it doesn't work. I just crumble every time." I admitted, pissed that he was acting like that. Emmett sighed and pulled me into a hug.

"I love you, Scarlet. So I give you my full permission to do whatever you feel necessary. I won't stop you if you feel that giving Zack a crest is necessary or if...changing," Emmett cringed, "him is right." I smiled at my dad and hugged him tightly.

"Thank you." I whispered in his ear before we let go of each other and I ran towards Zack and I's spot.

Meet me at our spot? I texted Zack hoping he would reply soon.

Be there shortly, I was just about text you and ask you that. lol. I giggled at Zack's response Never had I felt so human before he came along. My heart would be pounded, my cheeks flushed red, and butterflies would be storming my stomach if I had been human because of that kid. He makes me feel so alive and amazing.

I looked at the phone, it was already 7:45 pm. Man, had I really spent that much time in my room an don the porch? Wow, time flies when you think too much. I could hear Zack's Range Rover no too far off in the distance, maybe a half-mile from here. He pulled up not even a minute later and parked in his usual spot.

I waited for him to get to me; his scent filling my nostrils and venom flooding my mouth. I swallowed, the burning sensation yielding a smidge; and held my breath until Zack was a few steps from me.

"Hey," I breathed as he came up to me.

"Hey, baby." He said as he wrapped his arms around my slender waist and pulled me into this chest. He held on tight for awhile and I smiled. I loved it.

"So," Zack stated as we started to let go of each other.

"So, uh, I have something to talk to you about." I said. "You might want to sit down for this." Zack gave me a questioning look but sat back on the boulder and waited for me to talk.

I took a deep breath, how do you explain everything in a couple minutes? Well, I didn't do it in a couple minutes, oh no. It took three hours for us to talk about everything but him getting a crest. We discussed the Volturi, Ryan showing up here, and what our options were. Zack favored staying and fighting our grounds.

"I mean, if you have to fight to keep us together then I'll do whatever it takes to help." He said as I leaned into his leg.

"I wish it were that easy, Zack." I sighed as he ran his fingers through my hair. I could see him nodding and biting his lip. "YOU have to do something for me." I said, as I turned so my body was facing him.

Zack gave me a questioning look but agreed nonetheless.

"Whatever you want."

I fished the wristband from my pocket and looked him in the eye. "You have to wear this. You're part of our family now, so we all want it to be somewhat official." Zack gave me a half smile and nodded.

"Okay, I'll wear it." He chuckled as he held his left wrist out for me to tie the band to.

"You're sure?" I questioned. "I mean, this is a hefty commitment." I was serious too.

Zack pecked my lips. "If it means being one step closer to being with you forever, than hell yeah."

I rolled my dull gold eyes and tied the band onto Zack's wrist. "There. You're now 'one step closer' and still a pain sometimes." I giggled.

"Yeah, well... this is just the beginning of a whole new world for me." Zack muttered. I nodded.

"Yep, but you wouldn't have it any other way." I joked.

"Not at all."
♠ ♠ ♠
Zack
Scarlet

Thank you guys so much for being patient. :) I've been rather busy and I've had to rewrite this about three times. :( My computer/internet hated me these past two weeks.

Thank you for all the comments
especially Seeley.Booth and Shawna_Nichole for commenting on the last update.
And seriously, there's 33 of you and I'd love feedback from more than one person. I hate not knowing if more than two people actually read this all the time. :(

Please comment! :)

I love you guys so much! thank you all for everything!