Sequel: I'll Never Let You Go
Status: Fini :)

Something More

I'm Only Doing This To Protect You

Zack looked at me in astonishment. "W-what?" His eyes glossed over and I felt like I was ripping my own heart out.

"Us. I, I just can't do this." I put my head down and swallowed the venom.

"Scarlet," I looked up at Zack; tears lay in his ducts like rain pooling in a small hole. My chest felt as if it had been ripped in half and I bite my lip. "You don't mean it." He whispered.

I nodded my head, "I do, I'm serious this time." My voice was hardly audible to the human ear but he heard me.

"Scarlet, please don't." A tear fell down his cheek as I closed my eyes and gave him my last statement.

"I'm only doing this to protect you." I felt Zack pull me into his chest.

"I don't need protecting." I nodded, looking up at him. I let him hold me close for a few more minutes before I leaned up and kissed him. One last kiss to last for eternity.

"I love you." I broke free from his grip and ran out of the house. It broke my heart to leave him, but I was saving him from Ryan; from an unbearable death. I ran until I was halfway between the house and where I left Ryan. My back was pressed against a tree trunk, my hair falling in random stray pieces along my shoulders. I felt a piece tickling my collarbone, but it soon left and Ryan's scent filled my nose.

"Your hair, it's... Blonder than I remember." His smooth Italian accent poured into his voice. It wasn't as intolerable as it had been earlier.

"Yeah well, we aren't in the pitch black and I'm not under you withering in pain." I retorted curtly. Ryan sneered and ran away from me.

"So. you're done with the human." It was a statement, not a question. I nodded, knowing deep inside that it was a lie.

"Good girl." He stalked back over to me and stroked my cheek in a gentle manner. I closed my eyes, trying not to pull away.

"Let's go." He ordered soon after. I ran after him, running away from the ones that loved me most...from the only reason I existed. From the very being that kept me grounded. But this was all for him. So he could live and I wouldn't have to worry about him. I didn't want him to be in the same fate as me if it didn't have to happen. This was the only thing I could think of.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zack's POV

I stormed out of the house and got into my Escalade, slamming the door as I did so. She just left. Never even gave me a reason that counted. 'I'm only doing this to protect you.' Bull Shit. Why would she need to protect me?

I tore out of the driveway like a bat out of hell and sped towards town. I was not watching my speed, nor did I really care. If I died, it would not matter. Scarlet would still be out there without me.

"Shit!" I yelled, slamming my hand against the steering wheel. "Shit, shit SHIT!" Tears whelped in my eyes and my vision blurred. How could I be so stupid? I let myself get close to someone completely different from me. Someone who was going to live forever whether she liked it or not. I couldn't live forever unless someone changed me. Ignorant Jackass.

I huffed, wiping my eyes and looking out unto the road.

Suddenly my car went out of control, I was skidding or hydroplaning and my truck was spinning. Headlights could be seen coming my way, but it was too late. The 18-wheeler hit, just behind my seat. The Escalade flew, rolling and flying through the air, glass flying throughout the cab.

The truck came to a stop. I felt myself trapped in the tangled mess, blood coming from my head, my bones felt broken and I couldn't breathe.

"ZACK!" Was all i heard before my world turned black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Do you hate me yet? lol

Thank you guys so much for sticking with me. I don't know if I'm going to finish this out all on here...or make a sequel and stop here. I need your opinion. But either way I'm starting the next part soon. lol

Thank you so much for subscribing, reading, COMMENTING. :) I have 66 of you and only 2 comments from the last update..
Seeley.Booth
already insane

Much, much amore.

I love you all, but I seriously need feedback. I want to know what you think, that's not that much to ask. PLEASE tell me. I don't beg often, believe me, I'm not a beggar. but TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK! I don't want to update and there only be five of you for sure reading this. I want to know if I'm wasting my time or not.

I love you. thank you.
You guys rock.
♥kate.