Sequel: I'll Never Let You Go
Status: Fini :)

Something More

It'd Hurt Less Than How I Feel Now

Zack's POV

As I watched her walk away, I slowly realized what had just come out of my mouth. What the fuck is wrong with me?!?!? I mean, yeah I had every right to be pissed off, but she left to saved me. Then again... who the fuck is raped by some prisoner, then harassed for years because they're turned into a vampire so fucking conveniently. I mean really... that's just fucked up beyond being fucked up.

Sighing, I watched her walk off into the woods. Going deeper and deeper until I couldn't see her anymore. I wanted to be nice and I wanted to hold her and tell it everything was fine but how could I when I felt so... betrayed. And I don't really understand where I'm feeling betrayed is coming from in all honesty. I mean...she seemed so in love with me, so... so, I don't even know.

"Zack?" Alice's melodic and small voice came from my right and I snapped my head to face her.

"Yeah?" I asked, half annoyed half just not in the mood. I saw Alice shift from foot to foot a little before she shortened the distance between us.

"You can't do this to her. I know everything that happened there, I saw it. She didn't anything wrong. She was protecting us... all of us. Including you. Now if you're too fucking bullheaded to see this, you're crazy. Scarlet was never happy until you came around. She was quiet unless one of us pissed her off and then it was like all hell broke lose with the sarcasm and negativity." Alice sighed heavily before her golden orbs looked into my crimson ones.

"She loves you more anything, more than Emmett and Rosalie combined. And they're her parents so to say. You're fucking it up big time. And the comment about her "so-called Rape" is getting your ass kicked when Emmett gets here." Alice sighed again as I just looked at her uncased. I wasn't going to show her my emotions, or my weakness in this all.

"Whatever Alice. I don't care if Emmett rips me apart, it'd hurt less than how I feel right now." Okay so I let that slip. But it was truth, she needed to know how I felt in all of this.

Alice looked at me with sad eyes, looking over my pathetic looking mess of a held together man. "Zack... just, attempt to be near her. I don't want to lost my sister and she doesn't lose you." Alice turned on her heel as I just stood there, watching her leave and go back into the house. I sighed heavily and sat back on the rock I had first called Scarlet and I's spot.

I mean, how can I just be near her? She left me here, to die. She says she left to protect me, to keep everyone safe...but how do I know that's the truth? Well... she never lied to me before. I mean, even when I asked her if she was human she flat out told me no. I'm so confused.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scarlet's POV
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walked, and walked, and walked for miles. I had no idea where I was going. I was just walking at human pace, letting the sounds of the dark, almost sun risen orange woods fill my ears. I didn't really have to think when I just listened to nature around me.

"Scarlet!" My head snapped to my left and I mentally slapped myself. I was in werewolf territory.

"Shit, I'm sorry Seth." I knew if Paul came along he would rip me apart. Actually, that would be appealing to me.

"Why are you on our land? Are you okay?" I looked at Seth and shook my head. Pushing the smell away from me, I focused on not breathing unless necessary.

"I-I was just trying to clear my mind and I'm sorry I wasn't paying any attention." I gave him a very small, apologetic smile. "I'll just leave and I'll stay as far away as possible.Just please don't say anything to - "

"Well, If it isn't the blood sucking tick Scarlet Cullen." I stopped in my attempt to walk backwards and my whole body froze. Paul, in all his tan and muscular glory, walked up to me, not hiding his discomfort and grabbed me by the throat. It didn't hurt, I didn't really feel him lifting me off the ground except that the hot skin on my cold skin and the fact that my feet were off the ground.

"Paul, put her down!" Seth yelled, trying to help me. "She's not hurting anyone! Can't you see she's just lost!?" Seth, as adorable as he was, was giving Paul the meanest yet most childish look. He was glaring but his bottom lip was starting to jut out.

"I don't care if she's lost!" Paul yelled, turning his gaze back to me. "The damn leech came unto our land! She's going against the damn treaty!" Paul's grip tighten around my throat, not that I could really feel it.

"Just let him do it, Seth. I know he wants to rip me to pieces. But first let me say something." I mumbled, knowing both of them heard me.

"Spit it out, Leech." Paul growled, throwing me down into the dirt. I stood up, brushing myself off.

"I'm sorry I've been a huge pain in your ass since we met. I'm just... forget it. Just kill me already." I left myself in the more vulnerable of positions, knowing that Paul would seize Kathe opportunity.

"Paul, don't." Seth stepped in front of him and looked him in the eye. "You and I both know what she's really like and this isn't Scarlet. Well, she is Scarlet, but she's not herself. Some thing's wrong with her. Don't satisfy her and kill her."

Paul looked at me and then at Seth. He sighed heavily and gritted his teeth. "You're right, killing her without her fighting is pointless." Paul glared at me before turning around and stripping, quickly changing into his wolf form.

"You should of let him do it, Seth." I grumbled, stuffing my hands in my pockets.

Seth shook his head. "No Scarlet. I know you're running from something, and you shouldn't be. Death is not the answer...even for you guys." Seth came over and hesitantly hugged me. "I know you're not like the rest of the vampires them think you are. You can come talk to me about anything."

I smiled and hugged the fifteen-year-old boy back. "Thanks Seth. Yah know, You guys don't smell that bad after awhile." Seth chuckled and crinkled his nose.

"I wish I could say the same Sugar Girl." I giggled softly at the nickname and let Seth go slowly. "I'll stay on my side from now on... okay?"

Seth nodded and pointed me in the direction of Forks. "I think as long as you're with me... you'd be fine. But to stay on the safe side, let's stay on our own sides for now." I smiled softly and waved Seth adieu before walking into the woods and heading back into Cullen Territory.

I could see Zack still sitting on the rock when I came back from La Push. He didn't look happy, but he didn't look upset either. I slowly walked towards him, being as quiet and calm as I could.

"Zack, I still -"

Zack cut me off by closing the distance between us and crashing his lips to mine. Instead of my lips staying still, they flattened against his, making my whole body tingle and warm up. I felt like a huge weight had been lifted from my chest and I let myself melt into the kiss. What the fuck is going on?
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay; anyone have whip lash from Zack's mood change in the end? lol Sorry, I'm just trying to wrap this story up. It should end around 30 :) Be happy I'm finishing this because that means it's my first finished story. :) I love you guys!

THANK YOU GUYS SOOOOO FREAKING MUCH! :) I LOVE YOU GUYS!

Special Thanks to...
Seeley.Booth &
ShayLove
For commenting on the last update !:)
YOU guys rock!!
all of you