Sequel: Disenchanted
Status: COMPLETED!

These Bright Lights Have Always Blinded Me

We'll Drown Ourselves In Misery Tonight

Mikey's P.O.V.

It was about 6:30 and Gerard had left about 10 minutes ago to go get Starbucks. This gave me the opportunity to punch my bedpost, throw a couple of things around my room and get myself all worked up over Belladonna. I finally flopped onto my bed and pulled my pillow over my face. I yelled into it and with every second that passed I felt angrier. I grabbed the pillow and promptly pegged it at a wall. I was so angry and hurt from being betrayed. I lay back on the bed, my fingers twitching for something to tear apart. Suddenly I shot up off the bed, an idea sparking in my mind. You know that quote, 'never go to bed angry, stay up and plot your revenge'? Well tonight, I put that into effect.

I didn't have the same talent as Gerard in drawing and stuff, but I could draw enough for my revenge plans. Basically just child-like scribbles. I was halfway through one when Gerard poked his head in my room with a smile that quickly changed to a frown at the state of it. I glanced at the clock, it was now almost 7. He should've been back earlier.
"Hey Mikes...I'm home..." Gerard said worriedly.
"What the hell took you so long?" I snarled.
Gerard gave me a look.
"What the hell does it matter to you for?" he snapped.
"Sor-ry, I didn't know it was against the law for me to worry about my brother, particularly seeing as he had been held at gunpoint before!" I said sarcastically.
Gerard sighed and cautiously stepped into the room.
"Sorry Mikes. At Starbucks that douche Damien was messing with Belladonna and I intervened," Gerard sighed.
Immediately two thoughts and emotions flickered through me. The second one overtook.
"Doesn't having sex in a booth at Starbucks violate health regulations?" I asked.
Gerard looked at me with astonishment.
"What the fuck?! She wasn't having fucking sex, she was getting freshly made coffee poured down her shirt after her hood had been pulled off!" Gerard yelled.
I was immediately overcome by one emotion, concern.
I turned to face him and I stood up.
"Is Bells okay? Was she burnt too badly?" I asked anxiously.
"She's fine, she wasn't burnt too badly," Gerard said.
I sighed, relieved and turned away. My eyes caught sight of the revenge plans I had been making and immediately anger slammed into me like a freight train.
"Shame. Would've been a fucking improvement," I snarled.
"What the fuck man?! You acting worse than a chick pms-ing! What the fuck happened between you and Belladonna?!" Gerard growled.
I whirled around and punched him hard in the chest.
"Fuck you! I don't need to fucking tell you everything!" I shouted.
"It would be a fucking help! I don't want to get the shit beaten out of me if that's o-fucking-kay with you!" Gerard yelled.
"I don't fucking care what you want! I want a lot of fucking things too but I don't fucking get them either!" I shouted back.
I didn't really know what I was saying, I was just so angry with Belladonna and I was taking it out on Gerard because he was there.
"You have everything though! You've got a great fucking mother, great fucking grades, great fucking personality, great fucking friends! What more could you possibly want?!" Gerard yelled.
"Oh yeah, I have fantastic friends!" I scoffed sarcastically, thinking of Belladonna's betrayal.
"What the fuck's that supposed to mean?! You've got Belladonna!" Gerard snapped.
"BELLADONNA WAS ONLY FUCKING PRETENDING TO BE MY FRIEND!" I roared at him, before my knees gave out and I fell on the floor, tears pouring from my eyes.

Gerard's P.O.V.

I stared shocked at Mikey. That threw me.
"W-what?" I asked.
He looked up at me, tears streaking down his cheeks.
"She was never really my friend, she was only pretending..." he whispered.
My heart broke for him and I knelt beside him and put my arms around him. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pressed his face into my shoulder. For a moment it felt like he was eight and I was eleven again and he was scared because our parents were fighting.
"It's okay Mikey, if she was pretending then you don't really need her after all," I soothed.
It still felt kinda strange, I'd never for one second guessed that she was pretending. She didn't seem to be the type and she didn't act like she had been pretending either.
"It hurts Gee, I put everything in this friendship and she was putting nothing in return back," he whimpered.
I sighed sadly for him and hugged him tighter.
"She didn't look like she was pretending, are you sure she was?" I asked.
"Gee, she told me. In writing, but still," Mikey said quietly.
That surprised me.
"Oh...well...just forget about her then. You're Mikey Fuckin' Way, you don't need her in your life," I said.
"She felt like my fucking twin. I felt virtually invincible when she was with me. And it didn't matter what society thought of me because she didn't care what society thought of her. She showed me how to be myself Gee..." Mikey whispered.
I couldn't think of a response to that so I just held him tight.

I held onto Mikey until he had fallen asleep. Once he had I picked him up and moved him to his bed and gently covered him with his cover. I took his glasses off and set them down on his bedside table. I then gently ruffled his hair and kissed the top of his head.
"'Night Mikey," I whispered.
I sighed as I walked out the door and closed it. I pushed my hands through my hair and groaned. Mikey was the best little brother anyone could ask for and we were normally really close, which meant his pain was mine, his anger was mine and his grudges were mine as well. That's what got me so worked up. I wanted nothing more than to get to know Belladonna, particularly after seeing how beautiful she was under her hood. When I first saw her without the hood I had to stifle a gasp. She had the face of a model without the plastic surgery. Her eyes, innocent and child-like could soften the hardest person and her cheekbones were high and pronounced, but not to a skeletal degree. Her nose was perfectly proportioned and had a small tilt to the end that was kind of cute, her mouth was a pair of perfectly shaped lips that weren't too big or too small. She was drop dead gorgeous, and if she had styled her hair a little bit she could've been drop-dead sexy as well.

I sighed frustrated and rubbed my eyes. I walked down to my room deciding I'd go to sleep and worry about Belladonna in the morning.
"Night Mom!" I yelled.
"Night sweetie!" she called back.
I flopped onto my bed and the moment my head hit the pillow I was dead to the world.

Belladonna's P.O.V.

I was in art, drawing in my book. I was drawing a girl covered in blood who had her head in her hands. She was surrounded by the bodies of several people and each had gaping holes in their chest where their heart should be. Their hearts had been torn out by the girl and thrown away.
"That's good. A bit morbid and somewhat disturbing, but drawn really well," Gerard said from behind me.
A small smile lit up my face.
Thank you...I think...
He chuckled, but it sounded forced and nervous. I turned to look at him curiously. He had a conflicted look in his eyes and I was curious.
What's up?
"Well, you see...um...well...ah..." Gerard stuttered and stumbled for the right words to say.
I gulped, this couldn't be good.
Whatever it is, just tell me. Don't worry about 'hurting my feelings' or whatever. Just spit it out.
"Mikey talked to me last night, and I'm sorry. I really, really like you, you're funny, you're smart, you're talented...but Mikey's my brother and I love him. His grudges are my grudges. I'm sorry, it's nothing personal," he said sadly.
I swallowed and forced a smile.
Now was that so hard?
He looked at me confused.
It's okay Gerard, I figured this would happen anyway. Now go, pay attention to the other students. Maxie really needs help with her drawing.
Gerard looked up and saw that Maxie, indeed, needed help with her drawing.
"Sorry," Gerard whispered and then he walked away.
I watched him go, feeling a lead weight form in my stomach and sadness eat away at me.
I was completely alone again.
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER :D I finally get to write it up for you guys! I wanna see how many of you guys are gonna love me.
Sorry for the short crappiness of this chapter, I'm tired. It's 2:40am and I'm operating on 5 hours. This was really more for insight on how it was affecting Mikey, except I don't know if I wrote it in very well.

Free sugary goodness for the next year go to:
Beccathecoolie
rivals are insane
mistery gurl

So tired...I want to update the next chapter now, but if I type it up now I'll start talking about weird carnivorous pants or something instead of the actual story. And we don't want that now do we?

Thank you my commentors and silent readers! This would never have worked if it hadn't been for you, I love you all.

Title credit: Bury Me In Black by My Chemical Romance